What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
I'm "pleasantly" surprised that you are appear to be happy with the new forum. Given that we had no time to test this and we are still paying the price for that, it seems from you and the users that the stability, performance and ability to post seems to be as good or better than Huddler.

Let us know in the tracker area if you feel differently.

Looking at the comments from members, it seems to be dramatically different response than sites that we see go to Huddler!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kevin:

Despite the rush to the new platform, this move already seems to be going much more smoothly than the move to Huddler back in '09.

As soon as we get the images and subscriptions worked out, it seems to me--admittedly far removed from the bunker--that most all that will be left amount to stylistic tweaks. (I'm sure there are still a ton of functionality issues left...but they just don't seem as difficult as the navigation snafus that Huddler's software handed us.)

Cheers! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I think you guys are doing a great job.

In jobs I've had in the past, I did a lot of major software/system changes and it's not fun. Things never go as planned.

Thank you for your hard work and keeping this forum going.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks to all of you for your patience as we get things back up.

We are in a happier place and confident that we can better meet user needs moving forward.

As Kevin mentioned, had we been allowed more time to properly test the migration in "sandbox" mode with a few members we would have launched practically problem-free.

When not afforded the luxury of proper migration time, we essentially have to start bare and slowly implement the features many of you miss. I think we are in a far better position than we were when we migrated to Huddler in 2009.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:

We are in a happier place and confident that we can better meet user needs moving forward.

As Kevin mentioned, had we been allowed more time to properly test the migration in "sandbox" mode with a few members we would have launched practically problem-free.

When not afforded the luxury of proper migration time, we essentially have to start bare and slowly implement the features many of you miss. I think we are in a far better position than we were when we migrated to Huddler in 2009.
It was worth the wait. Easy call.

So long Huddler. Hello happy members
11tx1j9.jpg

33tjsxl.jpg
note from your fellow HTF'ers.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Steve Tannehill said:
THe Join Dates are all wonky...Everyone is showing for me as Joined July 6, 1997, 6:00pm...I think that is *my* join date, why everyone would inherit it is beyond me.
Mike Frezon said:
Ditto. I see everyone's "Join Date" as October 9, 2001. And I know that's my "Join Date."
It's the same with me with everyone seemingly showing my "Join Date." But if you look at the Members list the Join Dates look correct (at least they are all different). What we're seeing looks like a display data pull issue.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I guess that explains why I see everyone's join date as June 27, 2007. I knew I'd joined sometime that year....

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for all the hard work guys. The only issue i see is my Avatar looks a bit tall. Looks like a widescreen image (and its not) on a 4x3 TV.

This is 100 times better than Huddler. Whatever you guys paid them, you got hosed! If they paid you, you still got hosed! Live and learn, i guess.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sumnernor said:
I can't edit my post.
This has nothing to do with the platform. Approx 2 months ago post edit times were changed to 24 hours because of problems we were having. That carried forward to this site.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Hi Adam,

I just created a new post (in the Sorcerer thread) and did not find an edit tool for the post. This is NOT an old post that would have been subject to the 24 hour rule.

The edit tool would be useful to me because I often find that I can improve the post once I have seen it live. Of course, editing something old is not a reasonable thing to do.

Thanks for all of the good work.

Bob

Update: After an hour, the edit button appeared, and I am editing this. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Upgrades are always such fun! ;) Congrats on the new look and great to have you back.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Ronald Epstein said:

As I mentioned in another thread, this is the equivalent of a shakedown cruise for a ship. You go out to sea, find out what needs fixing, and then apply the fixes. It takes a little time to fix everything.

I

IPS

BobO'Link said:
It's the same with me with everyone seemingly showing my "Join Date." But if you look at the Members list the Join Dates look correct (at least they are all different). What we're seeing looks like a display data pull issue.
The join date should be resolved now. :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
rsmithjr said:
The edit tool would be useful to me because I often find that I can improve the post once I have seen it live. Of course, editing something old is not a reasonable thing to do.

It is reasonable if you notice something wrong with an old post; for example a typo. I regret this new system depriving us of a chance to improve old posts, particularly as the current migration has ruined the layout of many posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks