What's new

Known Issues With The Migration (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
For whatever reason I can't get any of the subforum pages to come up on mobile. I'm using Android 4.2.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I mentioned something earlier but not very well. Important is that PMs can be sent & received, I am sure that that has a lower pri than other things-

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Just a heads up, all the topics I was subscribed to are GONE! I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any activity from this site.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Is it just me, emails I get that informs of a new post in the thread I am following is taking me to a page that says this social site is not available now. It seems to be happening a lot today.And from what I can see, thread that were subscribed to are now called threads we "follow"? If so, I can get used to that. And thanks, the avatars are back!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
For me, the home page is showing "Community not ready" but accessing the boards is fine, via the email links.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not getting any emails(not that I ever got many). And up till a few minutes ago I was seeing(something to the effect of...)

"Invision forum suite is not ready"

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
In case your avatar looks stretched, go in to your profile settings and adjust the crop and that should correct it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
When it rains it pours. We intentionally took the site offline last night to work on avatars, link redirects and do some work on restoring images. The outage today was a HW issue with the server we are hosted on. Its just one of those fluke things.

We just resolved the problems with our mobile site so that should take care of Lord Dalek's problem. Images are our next priority, followed by subscriptions and first names. Those last two might take a week + but we are working on them. Images will hopefully slowly happen over the next few days, we need to do a bit more testing first.

Navigation including a better menu, and adding some additional buttons to make common features easier are also on the short list. Thanks for your patience.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Cameron Yee said:
In case your avatar looks stretched, go in to your profile settings and adjust the crop and that should correct it.
My Avatar was stretched, but not anymore...except in the "Reply to this topic" area. When i got to the bottom of any thread, i see my Avatar, and it looks tall. The box in that spot is a different size. When i post in a thread, or go to my Profile, it looks fine.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I must be missing something. Adam & Rick's avatars look 16:9 (this is a request i had made for the new software). But I cannot get mine to look 16:9. Yet the original file is 16:9.

And...it looks 16:9 on my profile page.

?!?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, to me Adam and Rick's avatars look more like 1.66:1 than 1.78:1, but yeah, my 1.78:1 image of Iron Man is showing as 1:1 in the threads.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Views are not incrementing. There's a post that I viewed that is still showing 0 views.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Steve Tannehill said:
Views are not incrementing. There's a post that I viewed that is still showing 0 views.
I'm not sure if it is cached and updated at various intervals. I verified that if I go to a thread and post that it increments both the post and view counter.

I am testing it with a few posts to see if it increments overnight.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It's working fine on my iMac using Safari, but I can't log in using Safari on my iPad. I get a message that reads:

Invision Power Services Inc​
Community not ready...
The social suite community you are trying to access is not yet available.​

I prefer the familiar look of the forum in Safari (rather than the app), so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I had a problem trying to insert an image into a post using a URL. In the edit mode it would show, but upon posting it would disappear. I finally had to switch to HTML mode and code it by hand for it to show.

If it matters, it was in the Tribute to Brunettes thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks