What's new

Klipsch RC-7 - Very Impressive Center Channel (1 Viewer)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Since I am a Klipsch owner/lover, I have to help you folks with nice Vintage Heritage gear. PLEASE try phantom mode instead of using a speaker that isn't IDENTICAL to your mains. You will drain your pocketbook and patients trying to get a better result otherwise. If you sit on-axis you will simply be amazed. Just try it. There's nothing quite like perfect timbre match when using the same speakers as the fronts.
Well I have tried phantom mode and I really don't like it as much. This is just my opinion and I am not trying to pick a fight.

From my memory all the vintage Klipsch used the K-77-M driver for the tweeter and the K-55-V driver for the midrange (of course I could be wrong). In a center channel application the midrange and tweeter would be the most important to match up for the tonal match. I feel that if you want to forgo the phantom mode and actually use a center channel speaker then a Heresy would be the best speaker to use (aside from using one identical to your mains).

Paul Klipsch acutally advocated the use of a center channel and that is why the Belle's were made. They are meant to act as a center channel speaker for the Khorns.

Laters,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks