What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (22 Viewers)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
A fair point, but yes, obviously, I was referring to the content, not the craftsmanship.
Hope I didn't come across as persnickety, as that was not at all my intention. You're absolutely correct, in terms of the subject matter being very un-Lubitsch, though I was concerned more with the emotional experience of watching the film. "The Man I Killed"--this was the original title, it was changed to "Broken Lullaby" on a later re-issue--was the first Lubitsch film I ever saw, and what surprised me was how close it was, stylistically and thematically, to his comedies, which I later saw. "The Man I Killed" was light in its camera movements, pacing and compositions, even though the subject matter was depressing. The comedies have plenty of melancholy undercurrents, while "The Man I Love" has moments that are almost humorous. And Nancy Carroll was luminous.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray May 4th from Kino Classics!

F.T.A. (1972)
Featuring Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland
Directed by Francine Parker

In 1971, at the height of the Vietnam War, Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland toured an anti-war comedy show across Southeast Asia. Despite being highly controversial, it was a huge success among stationed soldiers. Out of circulation and difficult to see for decades, F.T.A. has now been fully restored by IndieCollect in 4K.

Special features:
*New introduction by Jane Fonda
*Archival Interview with Jane Fonda (2005)
*SIR! NO SIR! (2005 documentary by David Zeiger, 83 min.)
*Booklet with essays by historians David Cortright and Dr. Mark Shiel, plus a note on the restoration by IndieCollect's Sandra Schulberg (Blu-ray only)
*Trailer

FTA_BR.jpg

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 29th from Kino Lorber & Scorpion Releasing!

Night Terror (1977 TV movie) aka Night Drive
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Author Amanda Reyes
• Optional English Subtitles

A housewife is stalked by a psycho after she sees him murder a highway patrol officer. Starring Valerie Harper (TV's Rhoda and The Mary Tyler Moore Show), Richard Romanus (Mean Streets), Nicholas Pryor (Risky Business), John Quade (Every Which Way but Loose), Michael Tolan (All That Jazz), Quinn Cummings (The Goodbye Girl) and Dinah Manoff (Grease). Directed by E.W. Swackhamer (The Dain Curse).

NightTerror_BD.jpg

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Coming to DVD and Blu-ray May 4th from Kino Classics!

F.T.A. (1972)
Featuring Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland
Directed by Francine Parker

In 1971, at the height of the Vietnam War, Jane Fonda and Donald Sutherland toured an anti-war comedy show across Southeast Asia. Despite being highly controversial, it was a huge success among stationed soldiers. Out of circulation and difficult to see for decades, F.T.A. has now been fully restored by IndieCollect in 4K.

Special features:
*New introduction by Jane Fonda
*Archival Interview with Jane Fonda (2005)
*SIR! NO SIR! (2005 documentary by David Zeiger, 83 min.)
*Booklet with essays by historians David Cortright and Dr. Mark Shiel, plus a note on the restoration by IndieCollect's Sandra Schulberg (Blu-ray only)
*Trailer

View attachment 90990
I was going to ask mr. Insider about this yesterday, but I forgot! I heard about it on Saturday, and wanted to know if it was coming! I’m excited!

I read that one of the reasons this film wasn’t seen for decades was because it was lost. Glad it’s back!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Terror Aboard (1933) and The Apostle (1997)... Terror Aboard (1933) and The Apostle (1997)... please let it be both Terror Aboard (1933) and The Apostle (1997)...

the-apostle-movie-poster-1998-1020196378.jpg
'The Apostle is one of my favorite films, and I had faith KL would release this. One of Robert Duvall's best performances of his career. Thank you so much!

Reactions: PMF

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And THAT is why (well, at least one reason) I will...AGAIN...ask that members do NOT ask the Kino Insider about certain titles or make posts wishing for certain titles--especially posts which contain poster art.

This thread is very specifically (and for good reason) ONLY for Kino-Lorber announcements and reaction to those announcements.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming June 22nd from Scorpion & Kino Lorber!

Oscar Nominee: Best Original Screenplay
Palme d’Or Nominee: Cannes Film Festival
Best Actress Winner (Barbara Barrie): Cannes Film Festival

One Potato, Two Potato (1964)
• NEW Interview with Director Larry Peerce
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Sergio Mims

738329254056.jpg

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw One Potato, Two Potato when it opened in '64. Heartbreaking. I could barely stir from my seat. Although I was only 14, I was so stunned by Barrie's performance that I never forgot her name. She was a Cannes winner for this performance but was not even AA nominated.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Looking forward to my purchase of “One Potato, Two Potato”.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
Coming June 22nd from Scorpion & Kino Lorber!

Oscar Nominee: Best Original Screenplay
Palme d’Or Nominee: Cannes Film Festival
Best Actress Winner (Barbara Barrie): Cannes Film Festival

One Potato, Two Potato (1964)
• NEW Interview with Director Larry Peerce
• NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian and Critic Sergio Mims
very excited for the release of this groundbreaking
View attachment 91031
Very excited by the release of this groundbreaking film on Blu-Ray!

Reactions: PMF

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Hope I didn't come across as persnickety, as that was not at all my intention. You're absolutely correct, in terms of the subject matter being very un-Lubitsch, though I was concerned more with the emotional experience of watching the film. "The Man I Killed"--this was the original title, it was changed to "Broken Lullaby" on a later re-issue--was the first Lubitsch film I ever saw, and what surprised me was how close it was, stylistically and thematically, to his comedies, which I later saw. "The Man I Killed" was light in its camera movements, pacing and compositions, even though the subject matter was depressing. The comedies have plenty of melancholy undercurrents, while "The Man I Love" has moments that are almost humorous. And Nancy Carroll was luminous.

Oh, no, not at all. Just wanted to clarify my original statement.
(And Nancy Carroll is always luminous!) :cool:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming in July!
A KLSC Double Feature!

633 SQUADRON (1964) | MOSQUITO SQUADRON (1969)
Cliff Robertson (Charly, The Devil's Brigade) and George Chakiris (West Side Story, Kings of the Sun) lead a do-or-die mission in 633 Squadron – co-Starring Harry Andrews (The Hill) and Donald Houston (Where Eagles Dare) and directed by Walter E. Grauman (Lady in a Cage). | David McCallum (The Great Escape, TV’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) stars in Mosquito Squadron, an epic WWII adventure that perfectly captures the explosive action and emotional torment of war. Co-starring Charles Gray (Diamonds are Forever, The File of the Golden Goose) and directed by Boris Sagal (The Omega Man).

Bonus Features & Final Art - To Be Announced

Squadron Double Feature.jpg

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Coming in July!
A KLSC Double Feature!

Cliff Robertson (Charly, The Devil's Brigade) and George Chakiris (West Side Story, Kings of the Sun) lead a do-or-die mission in 633 Squadron – co-Starring Harry Andrews (The Hill) and Donald Houston (Where Eagles Dare) and directed by Walter E. Grauman (Lady in a Cage). | David McCallum (The Great Escape, TV’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.) stars in Mosquito Squadron, an epic WWII adventure that perfectly captures the explosive action and emotional torment of war. Co-starring Charles Gray (Diamonds are Forever, The File of the Golden Goose) and directed by Boris Sagal (The Omega Man).

View attachment 91144
Boris Sagal's daughter Katey is a singer of some note - singing with Bette Midler's Harlettes ... I think she may have done some work in television ;) ...

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Coming in July!
A KLSC Double Feature!

View attachment 91144
Great news. I am especially excited for Mosquito Squadron. Any chance of any of the other Oakmont WWII films coming out:
Attack on the Iron Coast (1968)
Submarine X-1 (1969)
The Thousand Plane Raid (1969)
Hell Boats (1970)
The Last Escape (1970)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks