What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (10 Viewers)

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
I'm always love to see somebody releasing Christmas Holiday 1944 film Deanna DUrbin and Gene Kelley awesome performance never been released home media video I know it music right issue. a reasonable licensing fee to universal studio pictures film.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I'm always love to see somebody releasing Christmas Holiday 1944 film Deanna DUrbin and Gene Kelley awesome performance never been released home media video I know it music right issue. a reasonable licensing fee to universal studio pictures film.
There are only two songs in the movie, "Always" and "Spring Will Be a Little Late This Year" Of course it only takes one song if that is the problem. The movie has been sold on DVD in the UK and it has been available on Youtube,

The film is based on a novel by Somerset Maugham and the rights to the story could also be why the film is unavailable in the USA for home video.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm always perplexed when the holders of such rights would prefer to receive nothing at all, rather than a reasonable licensing fee.

It’s amazing how many people would rather have 100% of nothing rather than accept 50% of something.

Often music publishers see that it’s a movie and that it’s from a major studio and coming out on disc, and get stuck in an unwavering belief that that release will be grossing millions of dollars, and want to be paid accordingly. They just can’t or won’t understand that these are (from a business perspective) marginal titles that are more likely to break even or lose or gain a small amount of money than they are to make anyone rich. They expect these titles to sell millions of copies when the reality is usually hundreds of copies.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Sunday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

Rosebud (1975)
Starring Peter O’Toole, Richard Attenborough, Cliff Gorman, Peter Lawford, Raf Vallone, Adrienne Corri, Isabelle Huppert & Kim Cattrall – Shot by Denys N. Coop (Billy Liar, 10 Rillington Place) – Directed by Otto Preminger (Laura, Carmen Jones, Anatomy of a Murder, Advise & Consent, The Human Factor).

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'Rosebud An Otto Preminger Film PETER O'TOOLE RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH CLIFF GORMAN CLAUDE DAUPHIN JOHN V.LINDSAY PETER LAWFORD and RAF VALLONE GEORGE NIKOLAOS co-starring ADRIENNE CORRI AMIDOU YOSEF SHILOA BRIGITTE ARIEL ISABELLE HUPPERT LALLAWARD KIM CATTRALL DEBRA BERGER Directed Produced Lee Preminge Based the oan Hemingway and Paul Bonnecarrere PGPRENTAL_GUIDANCESUGGESTED COLOR Deluxe® Filmed in Panavision® United Artısts TransamericaCorporatior 75/86 ROSEBUD''Rosebud An Otto Preminger Film PETER O'TOOLE RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH CLIFF GORMAN CLAUDE DAUPHIN JOHN V.LINDSAY PETER LAWFORD and RAF VALLONE GEORGE NIKOLAOS co-starring ADRIENNE CORRI AMIDOU YOSEF SHILOA BRIGITTE ARIEL ISABELLE HUPPERT LALLAWARD KIM CATTRALL DEBRA BERGER Directed Produced Lee Preminge Based the oan Hemingway and Paul Bonnecarrere PGPRENTAL_GUIDANCESUGGESTED COLOR Deluxe® Filmed in Panavision® United Artısts TransamericaCorporatior 75/86 ROSEBUD'
I have never seen Rosebud, so I have to say my curiosity is definitely piqued.

My interest is piqued as well. Just look at that poster art! It might be horrible for all I know, but the artwork really sells it! And directed by Otto Preminger? Sold!

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
And apparently relevant to current times, with the mask wearing:

1601323300353.png

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Coming January 12th from CODE RED!
Distributed by KINO LORBER!

JUST BEFORE DAWN (1981)
• Includes Both the 91-Minute Uncut U.S. Version and the 102-Minute Extended International Cut
• Interviews with Stars Gregg Henry, Chris Lemmon, Jamie Rose and Producer David Sheldon
• Vintage Featurette with Lemmon, Rose, Sheldon, Actor John Hunsaker (Mountain Twins) and Writer Mark Arywitz
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

(1981) Color 91 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated R
Five friends set out for a weekend camping excursion, to drink, frolic and skinny-dip on an isolated piece of land one of them has inherited. Despite ominous warnings from locals, including forest ranger Roy McLean (George Kennedy, Airport, Deathship) and Ty (Mike Kellin, Sleepaway Camp), a hollering drunken hunter claiming to have witnessed his friend’s evisceration by the hands of “Demons”, the friends trek further into the foliage. Co-starring Gregg Henry (Mean Dog Blues, Rich Man Poor Man), Deborah Benson (September 30, 1955), Jamie Rose (TV’s Lady Blue), Chris Lemmon (TV’s Thunder in Paradise) and Ralph Seymour (Underground Aces). Extremely eerie and beautifully shot with a horrifying twist that will make you wonder if any of the friends will survive those dark hours Just Before Dawn? CODE RED proudly presents Just Before Dawn painstakingly restored from the original 35mm Internegative.

738329252267.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Coming January 12th from CODE RED!
Distributed by KINO LORBER!

JUST BEFORE DAWN (1981)
• Includes Both the 91-Minute Uncut U.S. Version and the 102-Minute Extended International Cut
• Interviews with Stars Gregg Henry, Chris Lemmon, Jamie Rose and Producer David Sheldon
• Vintage Featurette with Lemmon, Rose, Sheldon, Actor John Hunsaker (Mountain Twins) and Writer Mark Arywitz
• Theatrical Trailer
• Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

(1981) Color 91 Minutes 1.78:1 Rated R
Five friends set out for a weekend camping excursion, to drink, frolic and skinny-dip on an isolated piece of land one of them has inherited. Despite ominous warnings from locals, including forest ranger Roy McLean (George Kennedy, Airport, Deathship) and Ty (Mike Kellin, Sleepaway Camp), a hollering drunken hunter claiming to have witnessed his friend’s evisceration by the hands of “Demons”, the friends trek further into the foliage. Co-starring Gregg Henry (Mean Dog Blues, Rich Man Poor Man), Deborah Benson (September 30, 1955), Jamie Rose (TV’s Lady Blue), Chris Lemmon (TV’s Thunder in Paradise) and Ralph Seymour (Underground Aces). Extremely eerie and beautifully shot with a horrifying twist that will make you wonder if any of the friends will survive those dark hours Just Before Dawn? CODE RED proudly presents Just Before Dawn painstakingly restored from the original 35mm Internegative.

View attachment 79307
Yes anything with George Kennedy. I understand that yhere was a 102 minute extended version, but not positive about. 9A71C76A-9863-4CB6-A0DD-69EF0330F963.jpeg

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Kino Lorber, this year you gave me three long sought Universal titles that I doubted I would ever see on blu since they never made it to DVD: The Art Of Love, Never Steal Anything Small and soon Diary Of A Mad Housewife. With the announcement of What's So Bad About Feeling Good, it looks like 2021 will contain a few more similar treasures. Muchas gracias, merci beaucoup and thank you very much!

P.S. If Play It As It Lays (1972), Congo Crossing (1956) and Twilight For The Gods (1958) make your 2021 release list, I'll name my next cat Kino Lorber!

Play It As It Lays (1972) is not available due to legal issues,

moviepas

Supporting Actor
A few more wished for Universal titles on Blu-Ray:
THE COHENS AND THE KELLYS (Complete Set)
I CAN'T GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE, BABY 1940 (Can't pass up a Broderick Crawford musical!)
THE BOYS FROM SYRACUSE 1940
FLESH AND FANTASY 1947
BRIGHT VICTORY 1951
FRENCHIE 1950 /DESTRY 1954 (Both remakes of DESTRY RIDES AGAIN)
THE PRIVATE WAR OF MAJOR BENSON 1955
Bing Crosby Too Much Harmony(Para 1933). One that seems to always get overlooked.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
In another forum, I was discussing films produced by Val Lewton, and there are a couple of films he produced that are with Universal:

My Own True Love (Paramount, 1948)
Apache Drums (Universal-International, 1951)

Any chance these could be considered for KLSC?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
P.S. On the "What's So Bad About Feeling Good," news release; it mentions that it's in 2K. Can the more technically knowledgeable tell me what that means as opposed to 4K? I know that 4K is twice as good as 2K, but any other comments might be helpful. Were they unable to get a better master reel to scan from?

James

Actually, a 4k scan holds four times the resolution as 2k.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Saturday's Facebook Announcement:

Coming 2021!

Brand New 2K Master!

What’s So Bad About Feeling Good? (1968)
Starring George Peppard, Mary Tyler Moore, Dom DeLuise, Susan Saint James, Don Stroud, John McMartin & Thelma Ritter – Directed by George Seaton (The Country Girl, Teacher’s Pet, The Counterfeit Traitor, 36 Hours, Airport, Showdown).

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'It's good for what Bugs you!!! (and what's so bad about that?) George Peppard Mary Tyler Moore What's So Bad About Feeling Good? co-starring DOm DELUISE JOHN McMARTIN SUSAN SAINT JAMES DoN STROUD Screen Story Screenplay GEORGE SEATONan ROBER PIROSH Produced Directed GEORGE SEATON D A UNIVERSAL PICTURE TECHNICOLOR® tryriia..''It's good for what Bugs you!!! (and what's so bad about that?) George Peppard Mary Tyler Moore What's So Bad About Feeling Good? co-starring DOm DELUISE JOHN McMARTIN SUSAN SAINT JAMES DoN STROUD Screen Story Screenplay GEORGE SEATONan ROBER PIROSH Produced Directed GEORGE SEATON D A UNIVERSAL PICTURE TECHNICOLOR® tryriia..'
Yes! Yes! Yes! First-day purchase!

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
If there's any chance of seeing Back Street (1932), When Tomorrow Comes (1939), This Happy Feeling (1958), Silent Night, Lonely Night (1969), and Change of Habit (1969) released, that would be grand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks