What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (19 Viewers)

Mike Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
A while back there was a mention of VistaVision titles and it was stated that the only Universal title in VistaVision was Away All Boats. Now as this is one of my all time favorites and I would really love to ditch my Goodtimes DVD pan and scan version, I got my hopes up to finally see this film in a Blu-ray. However, does not seem to be in the cards.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I know the Insider can't answer requests, but it would be great to see the best version put to film of 'The Great Gatsby' -- I've never seen it, but am told that the 1949 version with Alan Ladd is the best cinema adaptation yet.

Barnduke98

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Thieu.
i know exterminator 2 and blue lightning shout factory have has expired already goes out of print. it would be great to see universal third deal and fourth deal more horror and mystery and 1950s one horror curcucu beast of the amazon.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Here’s the new link for our “WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" Sale:

We’ve reduced most of the sale prices and added the following titles to the sale:

CONCRETE JUNGLE

D.O.A.
FLESH & BLOOD
GONE FISHIN'
MADHOUSE
MAFIA
MARTY
ONION FIELD, THE
PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES
PURPLE PLAIN, THE
ROLLING VENGEANCE
RUBY GENTRY
SISTERHOOD
STILL OF THE NIGHT
VIVA MARIA
WOMAN OF STRAW

ZONE TROOPERS

Over 230 Titles!
Free USA Shipping – Orders of $50 or More!

The following Blu-rays and one DVD are no longer available and out of print:

52 Pick-Up (1986) Blu-ray
Across 110th Street (1972) Blu-ray
Camp Nowhere (1994) Blu-ray
Cotton Comes to Harlem (1970) Blu-ray
Deceived (1991) Blu-ray
Face to Face (1967) Blu-ray
Foxes (1980) Blu-ray
House on Sorority Row (1983) Blu-ray
Last Embrace (1979) Blu-ray
No Man's Land (1987) Blu-ray
Pauline at the Beach (1983) DVD & Blu-ray
Sabata (1969) Blu-ray
The Scar (1948) Blu-ray
The Sheik (1921) Blu-ray
The Skull (1965) Blu-ray
Solarbabies (1986) Blu-ray
To All a Goodnight (1980) Blu-ray
The Unforgiven (1960) Blu-ray
Welcome to L.A. (1977) Blu-ray
Wicked Lady (1983) Blu-ray

DOA19-5a85d9667a3970000114a42e.jpg

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I love sales but I usually purchase what I need the week they come out. I have, however, picked up a fair number of blind buys during sales so I still win. Kino is single-handedly keeping physical media alive today, I just wish they would pick up more 80's titles.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
52 Pick-Up never should have been in print. Of all the Blu-Ray blind buy purchases I have ever made in my life, that is the one I regret the most.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Let's just say that I have a low regard for a film that on top of a weak story with a silly premise (that anyone married to Ann-Margret would cheat on her) and a predictable climax that I already guessed over five minutes before it happened, decides that I have to be subjected to an endless parade of gratutious scenes in sex parlors without the slightest trace of restraint that should have given this film a retroactive NC-17 rating. John Frankenheimer has yet to prove to me that he did a good film after "Black Sunday" (I'll only give the caveat that I haven't seen all of them but this and "Holcroft Covenant" show he'd lost his touch. Plus both films showed what awful taste he had in film music in the 80s).

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Sorry. I don't agree. Not a great film but certainly not a bad film. In my opinion.
It wasn't as good as the book, perhaps, nor as edge of your seat, but I thought it was a fairly faithful and well-made adaptation. Of course the book was really sleazy and purposefully shocking, so if one is objecting to the film on moral grounds--i.e. "not fit"--you can't really blame the filmmmakers as that's the whole raison d'etre of Elmore Leonard's fiction. All the characters are on morally shaky grounds. No one is "pure", in the traditional movie sense of the word. Of course, that moral realtivism, that sense of doing things to improve one's position, no matter how reprehensible, was kind of what the 80's was all about.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Let's just say that I have a low regard for a film that on top of a weak story with a silly premise (that anyone married to Ann-Margret would cheat on her) and a predictable climax that I already guessed over five minutes before it happened, decides that I have to be subjected to an endless parade of gratutious scenes in sex parlors without the slightest trace of restraint that should have given this film a retroactive NC-17 rating. John Frankenheimer has yet to prove to me that he did a good film after "Black Sunday" (I'll only give the caveat that I haven't seen all of them but this and "Holcroft Covenant" show he'd lost his touch. Plus both films showed what awful taste he had in film music in the 80s).

Halle Berry, Beyonce, Sandra Bullock and Pamela Anderson, to name just a few, are among the most gorgeous women on the planet, yet all had husbands who cheated on them. Sometimes beauty is not enough, other times men are just a-holes. So that plot thread is far from silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks