What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (9 Viewers)

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Question for Mr. Insider:

Is the Universal deal used up, or might MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS (1971) still be in your plans? If it isn't part of this 99-title deal, I'd be surprised. In light of the recent remake, and the fact that Universal paired this with ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS (which you did release) for the DVD some years back, it would seem a natural choice.

Many thanks for what you have given us, of course! :)

We don't have MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS (1971).

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
For what it's worth, I have a request for the Insider. At this point, just about everything has been announced that is coming from the current Universal deal, so my question mostly applies to the possibility of making another deal with Universal. So, I think this has been the best group of movies that Kino has been able to license, but my big disappointment with it has been the lack of movies starring Bing Crosby (outside of the four Road movies). Any chance you (or whoever would be looking into it) could ask for a few of them? In particular, I know I would like the 1946 movie Blue Skies, if you could pull it off! For that matter, could you tell me if that was one you asked for?

Sorry, but no Bing Crosby titles in our current deal. We may or may not do another deal with them.

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
Can we please nail down a release date for Sweet Charity. Last year, I believe it was advertised as a first quarter release. We're well into April. Sooooooo.......

We received the 4K restorations of the Roadshow Edition and the "Happy Ending" alternate cut a few months ago. Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo were to record an audio commentary for us, but unfortunately Mr. Redman lost his battle with cancer and out of respect to him and Ms. Kirgo we waited a while before offering it to another historian. Ms. Kirgo did not want to record the commentary by herself, too painful, so she decided to write an essay for our release and Kat Ellinger will take over the commentary duties. Our potential July or August release will include both cuts, a booklet essay by Julie Kirgo, an audio commentary by Kat Ellinger, From the Stage to the Screen Featurette, Edith Head's Costume Design: The Art of Exaggeration Featurette and theatrical trailer.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to Sweet Charity. Thank you for the update. Certainly understand the reason for the delay. I imagine the tentative first quarter release date would have tied nicely with the Fosse/Verdon miniseries.

Sounds like the happy ending version will be the complete film with the happy ending rather than just including the happy ending as an extra. Are there any other differences between the two versions of the film?

Last edited:

Kino Lorber Insider

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Insider
COMING SOON!
FIRST TIME on DVD & BD!
BRAND NEW 2K MASTER!

RETURN TO MACON COUNTY (1975) Starring Nick Nolte, Don Johnson, Robin Mattson & Robert Viharo - Shot by Jacques R. Marquette (Burnt Offerings) - Produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff (X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes) - Music by Robert O. Ragland (10 to Midnight) - Written & Directed by Richard Compton (Welcome Home, Soldier Boys , Ravagers).

return to macon county.jpg

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
It's a Zeitgeist release. We distribute all their titles.

has Zeitgeist given any indication of a possible HD release of the BFI restoration , also while discussing British Filmmakers, between Kino and Zeigeist i believe you have the bulk of Derek Jarman, i was wondering if the between the two enties if any of the new digital restorations were being planned for release on this side, of the pond. With the Studio Canal agreement, there are a lot of Brit titles i hope show up.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
COMING SOON!
FIRST TIME on DVD & BD!
BRAND NEW 2K MASTER!

RETURN TO MACON COUNTY (1975) Starring Nick Nolte, Don Johnson, Robin Mattson & Robert Viharo - Shot by Jacques R. Marquette (Burnt Offerings) - Produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff (X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes) - Music by Robert O. Ragland (10 to Midnight) - Written & Directed by Richard Compton (Welcome Home, Soldier Boys , Ravagers).

View attachment 57439
Thanks for bringing out all these great films and an even bigger Thanks for including English Sub-titles on so many .

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I thought I'd posted this question in the Kino thread but my fumbling attempt seems to have generated a separate thread!
So here's the question. I'll now try to delete the superfluous thread.....
Is there any chance that Kino (or anyone else) may get its hands on 'Come September', the terrific 1961 romantic comedy starring Rock Hudson, Gina Lollobrigida, Bobby Darin and Sandra Dee?
It does exist on Blu ray, but seems accessible only in Brazil! I've tried various sources but it seems impossible to order from outlets there.

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Quick question: I saw a promo for the sale on Facebook that says the sale ends tomorrow, yet the Kino Lorber website says that the sale ends on the 22nd. Can you clarify this for me please?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Quick question: I saw a promo for the sale on Facebook that says the sale ends tomorrow, yet the Kino Lorber website says that the sale ends on the 22nd. Can you clarify this for me please?

I don’t see anything currently on their FB page saying it ends tomorrow so I would feel safe to trust the actual website info of next Monday, the 22nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks