What's new

Kino-Lorber Insider Announcement Thread (Read Guidelines Post #3) (12 Viewers)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I bought

The Bounty (Special Edition)
Charly (Special Edition)
Female on the Beach (Special Edition)
Foxfire
Lovers and Other Strangers
Road to Morocco (Special Edition)
Road to Utopia (Special Edition)
Road to Zanzibar (Special Edition)
Road to Singapore (Special Edition)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
5 THEATRICAL FILMS which either inspired, piloted/coincided or were adapted from popular TV series
- still M.I.A on Blu-ray (two of them M.I.A. on video in any format):

THE LIFE AND TIMES OF GRIZZLY ADAMS (1974)

PUFNSTUF (1970)

MAX HEADROOM: Twenty Minutes Into The Future (1985)

DOCTOR WHO & THE DALEKS (1965) -

and its sequel
DALEKS: INVASION EARTH 2150 (1966)

Out of these, I believe "Pufnstuf" is a Universal title, so maybe..just maybe a KINO possibility?
I'm assuming you're aware the Dr. Who's are available in BR from Europe.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Can we please nail down a release date for Sweet Charity. Last year, I believe it was advertised as a first quarter release. We're well into April. Sooooooo.......

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
For what it's worth, I have a request for the Insider. At this point, just about everything has been announced that is coming from the current Universal deal, so my question mostly applies to the possibility of making another deal with Universal. So, I think this has been the best group of movies that Kino has been able to license, but my big disappointment with it has been the lack of movies starring Bing Crosby (outside of the four Road movies). Any chance you (or whoever would be looking into it) could ask for a few of them? In particular, I know I would like the 1946 movie Blue Skies, if you could pull it off! For that matter, could you tell me if that was one you asked for?

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Coming June 11th on DVD and Blu-ray!

The Girl Most Likely To... (1973) with optional English subtitles
• Brand New 2K Restoration
• Audio Commentary by Film Historian/Author Amanda Reyes and Film Historian/Author Kier-La Janisse

View attachment 57161

This was a awesome surprise but unfortunately I can't say I'm excited for the cover art. No, not the worst I've ever seen but hardly the best, either. Too "simple" and kitsch for me. I know it's a TV movie but would be nice to have a reversible sleeve with alternative artwork.

(And now back to excited posts about the sale..)

Last edited:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Picked up in this current sale:

The Premature Burial
Twice Told Tales
Night Tide
Fantomas 1960s Collection (Fantomas / Fantomas Unleashed / Fantomas vs. Scotland Yard)
The Draughtsman's Contract

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I said I wasn't going to, but I did anyway. And everytime there is a sale, I also look to see what else is on sale on the site.

I picked up:
Angie
House of 1000 Dolls
Nothing Sacred
Really Weird Tales (DVD)
Smashing Time
Broadway Bound (DVD)
I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle
Good Times
Pray TV (DVD) and Pink Panther Volume 4

Still managed to keep it under $100.00. Now all I have to do is find time to watch them all. ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Question for Mr. Insider:

Is the Universal deal used up, or might MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS (1971) still be in your plans? If it isn't part of this 99-title deal, I'd be surprised. In light of the recent remake, and the fact that Universal paired this with ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS (which you did release) for the DVD some years back, it would seem a natural choice.

Many thanks for what you have given us, of course! :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Question for Mr. Insider:

Is the Universal deal used up, or might MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS (1971) still be in your plans? If it isn't part of this 99-title deal, I'd be surprised. In light of the recent remake, and the fact that Universal paired this with ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS (which you did release) for the DVD some years back, it would seem a natural choice.

Many thanks for what you have given us, of course! :)

Twilight Time released Anne Of A Thousand Days.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
My bad. Well, then...perhaps TT will give us MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS.

Not bad at all. With certainty, I can say with all the titles being released and announced from the great people at Kino, Shout, Twilight Time, and used to be Olive, I can’t remember what’s from where. I just finished watching Anne of a Thousand Days last weekend and that’s the only reason I remembered it was from Twilight.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Thanks, I did notice they were still selling older releases, but their last new release was 6 months ago, and they have nothing listed in their "coming soon" section.

Personally, I won't miss Olive. Overpriced releases with no extras, save their Signature Series.

They did release a really nice Strategic Air Command. For that I'm eternally grateful. I didn't think anyone would ever put that one out...

Sorry OT, back to Kino!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks