What's new

King Kong (1976) 4KUHD (Studio Canal) (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I recall the audience giggling throughout this terrible remake during its premier engagement in New York. What could we do but laugh?
King Kong Japan GIF

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
I'm torn. I don't know if I should sell my old Shout blu-ray and buy this new 4k or if I should keep my Shout release.
What do you think of the colors?

Which are more accurate?
I think the simple fact that computer generated teal processing didn't exist in 1976 is enough to answer your question.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I won’t be buying this new 4K release.
All that teal just looks ridiculous.

Generally don’t care about the art but that’s pretty awful too.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I won’t be buying this new 4K release.
All that teal just looks ridiculous.

Generally don’t care about the art but that’s pretty awful too.
It's up on caps-a-holic now, & as far as you can tell by caps, it doesn't look teal at all (I think it was the same with 2001, the trailer for the 4K looked teal on YouTube, but when the disc came out it looked fine). I did a comparison with the French Blu-ray (that's the one I have), & it compares very nicely. Not that I'm going to bother upgrading, I like the movie a lot more than many people here, but I don't know when I'm going to watch it again, if at all (but very happy to have the two-CD set of John Barry's great score).

Robert Saccone

Premium
This was one of those event movies for me as a pre-teen kid. When I watch it I still try to look at it with a bit of that kid perspective so it still remains fun for me. I’d love to have it in 4K. still I am undecided about whether this is the 4K release for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It's up on caps-a-holic now, & as far as you can tell by caps, it doesn't look teal at all (I think it was the same with 2001, the trailer for the 4K looked teal on YouTube, but when the disc came out it looked fine). I did a comparison with the French Blu-ray (that's the one I have), & it compares very nicely. Not that I'm going to bother upgrading, I like the movie a lot more than many people here, but I don't know when I'm going to watch it again, if at all (but very happy to have the two-CD set of John Barry's great score).

I don’t have a laptop and can never get that site to work on my iPad.

Anyway I probably won’t get this again.
Just feel like I’m very comfortable with the blue Ray set that came out a year or so ago.

When I was a kid this was THE King Kong for me.
That poster on top of the WTC was amazing to a 12 year old.

Thought the movie was a spectacle, in a good way.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I watched the 4K KING KING 1976 tonight. I was impressed but the quality...a restoration made in 2020 by Italy’s L’Immagine Ritrovata and Paramount.
as far as the "teal" I was in Kauai in the remote shooting locations deep in the Nepali Trail.......I can tell you I remember GREEN mist..lush tree everywhere. It was not blue. The screen shot of the blu ray way off the actual reality of the landscape.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm happy with my Scream Factory set. Not so much teal and orange as how Bill Hunt described the DVD Five Star edition of The Sound of Music: taking a very good LD master and pissing all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks