What's new

Pre-Order King Kong (1933) (Warner Archive Collection) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Well, here we see one more Milk the public again.
I will pick this up again. When it comes out in 4K.
Until then. I will just keep what I have.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
I will pick this up again. When it comes out in 4K.
Until then. I will just keep what I have.
Only in the sense that when the supermarket shelves run out of milk, they restock it with more milk.

It’s out of print, so nothing sinister in putting it out again.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think it is clear that this is a courtesy reissue for people like me who don't already own the out of print edition. It is even using the same cover art as the previous DVD and digibook. I doubt very much WB is chasing double dips here.

Edit: @RMajidi beat me to the same thought.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
maybe there is hope for a xmas reissue of the bishop's wife!
They do need to reissue The Bishop’s Wife with corrections for the missing footage (Cary at the harp and the late exchange between him and Loretta). As I recall, the distributors were made aware of the problems a few years back but did not respond when corrected discs were proposed.
Always glad to see classic titles like King Kong kept available for new generations to own and appreciate.

Last edited:

Sega

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Only in the sense that when the supermarket shelves run out of milk, they restock it with more milk.

It’s out of print, so nothing sinister in putting it out again.
Out of print? Walmart had a few last week. Here in Riverside Calif.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It's being reissued to promote new Kong remake. Early effects footage below:

View attachment 146073

Oh no!
mr bill snl GIF
(has Mr. Bill been announced as the male lead yet? ;))

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Why is this bare bones?

It shouldn't be. Based on previous WAC re-issues of earlier WHV titles, this should be exactly the same authored disc that was in the original DigiBook blu-ray. That release had:

Audio commentary.
A 2½-hour documentary, RKO Production 601: The Making of Kong, The Eighth Wonder of the World.
A 1-hour documentary, I'm King Kong! The Exploits of Merian C. Cooper.
Some animation test footage by Willis O'Brien, and the "lost Spider Pit sequence" re-created by Peter Jackson.

On edit: It should be mentioned that the two docs are in standard definition.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Out of print? Walmart had a few last week. Here in Riverside Calif.
Dan, you have a rare window of opportunity here to pick up the few copies available at Walmart Riverside, and sell them on Amazon or eBay (currently listing on Amazon at $119.92).

Of course, you’ll need to do this rather urgently before the new crop of releases kicks in in September, otherwise your offerings will be in direct competition with those money grabbers WAC, who’ll no doubt list theirs at an outrageous $17.99 by release date.

All meant in good spirit.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I purchased the blu ray from Amazon when it first came out. I don't believe it came with a digital code. Amazon Prime says I purchased it and it is available to me for streaming. To the best of my knowledge I never registered with Amazon Prime that I bought it. I have never purchased a streaming copy of any film on Amazon Prime . Is King Kong (1933) currently available to everyone who has Amazon Prime or do I have access because I "purchased" it ?

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I purchased the blu ray from Amazon when it first came out. I don't believe it came with a digital code. Amazon Prime says I purchased it and it is available to me for streaming. To the best of my knowledge I never registered with Amazon Prime that I bought it. I have never purchased a streaming copy of any film on Amazon Prime . Is King Kong (1933) currently available to everyone who has Amazon Prime or do I have access because I "purchased" it ?

Interesting. I have Prime, but King Kong 1933 streaming is available to me only as a $2.99 rental or $9.99 purchase. I have the blu but I must have bought it somewhere other than Amazon because it is not in my purchase history.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese

I wonder if this was one of those special deals Amazon used to do where they would give you a free digital copy of the movie when pre-ordering a new release.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Interesting. I have Prime, but King Kong 1933 streaming is available to me only as a $2.99 rental or $9.99 purchase. I have the blu but I must have bought it somewhere other than Amazon because it is not in my purchase history.
I bought my copy from Amazon, and it's available to me to stream free via Prime, so the purchase must have included free access to the stream.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks