Kids in the Hall-Same Guys, New Dresses-Will it ever see release?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ike, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I've got to see this film! I'm a huge Kids in the Hall fan, and I'd love to see this film. Is there any chance of a theatrical/video/straight to video release?
    Reading about it on the IMDB is driving me nuts-it's got great reviews, and sounds fantastic, not to mention, it'd be so cool to catch the Kids doing some of the old skits now-like a musician preforming their classic songs, not to mention, a few new ones!
    I'd give anything to see this (even if it was on VHS!). Surely I'm not alone. Who owns this?

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

A few of the exceptionally kind folks at alt.tv.kids-in-hall have volunteered to dupe copies. I'm sure you'll get a few offers if you post a message there.
    I'm not aware of any plans for a VHS/DVD release, though. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

3. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

4. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Kids in the Hall-Same Guys, new Dresses is not a theatrical film.
    It is a comedy special that aired on the CBC Canadian TV network last month...it was made for television, although it did receive a few one-time-only screenings at comedy festivals.
    American viewers should keep an eye out for airings on Comedy Central and other such channels...that's where you are most likely to see it.
    [Edited last by Bill McA on October 23, 2001 at 12:33 AM]

5. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Wasn't there a Dave Foley movie directed by David Steinberg a few years back that was supposed to be released by Touchstone (The Wrong Guy or something like that)? I would have thought his career would have taken off more after NewsRadio and A Bug's Life.
    Looking forward to Bruce McCulloch's "Stealing Stanford" with Jason Lee and (ugh) Tom Green. I read the script last year for work and it was one of the funniest things I've ever read.

6. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

The Wrong Guy was apparently only given a theatrical release in Canada (it's a Canadian movie).
    I thought it was quite funny!
    McCulloch can be currently seen in cable series Further Tales of the City and Foley can be seen (to poor effect) in this Friday's dismal theatrical release, On The Line