What's new

"Kentucky Jones" (1964 TV series) Region 2 DVD release (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Nick M.
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01LXKKXNH/ref=pe_2989411_176681361_em_ti

Amazon.de lists this 1964-1965 Dennis Weaver comedy drama. I've never heard of it. The product listing says the episodes are available in English, but a YouTube promotional video lists the language as German with the set including a bonus feature of one 30 minute episode in original English-language.

Can't vouch for the final product, but the clip featured on YouTube was of excellent quality. Haven't heard any word of this coming out domestically, so I thought I would put the info out for anyone interested. I've picked up several German releases and have been quite pleased. I'd certainly pick this one up if it were to offer an English-language audio option.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Wow, you have got to be kidding!! I thought Hank was the least likely and rarest show that we would ever see get put out on DVD but I think this one tops it! I've only ever seen 2 episodes anywhere. Hoping for English soundtrack.

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
The running time is listed at 530 min. so it appears to not include all 26 full length episodes. I saw someone say a Spain release contained an English audio option but cannot find any info of that release. This was an excellent show that needs to be seen again.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It's been a few months but when I looked at this back then, I recall seeing that not all 26 episodes had been dubbed in German so they weren't all on the release. If there was a release in Spain, I would love to know about it but I haven't seen any such thing.

HonkyTonkMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Erik
Thanks for sharing that video with us.

In that video, Cherylene Lee said that she appeared in a couple of episodes of Kentucky Jones.
According to IMDB, the only episode that she appeared in was the third episode titled "Spare the Rod".
IMDB could be wrong about this as she may have appeared in more than one episode of this TV Series.
According to IMDB, her filmography consists of just 20 acting credits.
According to IMDB, (1977) was the final year that she did any acting work.

Cherylene Lee's IMDB page states that she passed away on March 18, 2016 in San Francisco, California at the age of 62.
According to IMDB, she was born in Los Angeles, California on June 1, 1953.
R.I.P. to both Cherylene Lee and Dennis Weaver.

I've never seen any episodes of this short-lived NBC television sitcom that starred Dennis Weaver in the title role.
I hope that this much forgotten about TV Series would finally get released on Region 1 DVD's in the near future.
I would love to own this TV Series on DVD in Region 1 format.
When I say DVD, I'm always referring to factory pressed DVD's.
I would be outraged if this TV Series gets released on Region 1 DVD-R's instead.
There's no way that I would ever buy a Region 1 DVD-R release of this TV Series because I despise DVD-R's immensely.
Hopefully, Shout! Factory/Timeless Media Group would obtain the rights to release this TV Series on Region 1 DVD.
This TV Series originally aired on NBC from September 19, 1964 until April 10, 1965 and it had 26 episodes.
This TV Series was filmed only in black and white.

It's such a travesty that this TV Series has only been released on DVD overseas.
My Blu-Ray/DVD player isn't capable of playing Region 2 DVD's.
The only DVD's that I've ever bought are Region 1 or All Regions DVD's.
I'll never buy a Region Free Blu-Ray/DVD player.

Hopefully, these other Dennis Weaver TV Series' would get released on DVD in Region 1 format in the near future,
Stone (1979-1980)
Emerald Point N.A.S. (1983-1984)
Buck James (1987-1988)

The only Dennis Weaver TV Series' that I have on DVD are,
Gentle Ben (1967-1969)
Centennial (1978-1979)

I still haven't bought any of the Gunsmoke DVD releases thus far because CBS/Paramount still hasn't released the final eight seasons of Gunsmoke on DVD.

I still haven't bought any of Universal's DVD releases of McCloud.
Universal has released just the first two seasons of McCloud.

Last edited:

Jim B.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
She was also in the episode "Goodbye Tiger", the B&W still with Ricky's head bandaged is from that episode. I was 9 years old when this show aired and I still remember watching. It was not a sitcom.
An Amazon customer claims it has been released in Spain/South America with a English option.
With the known German release we might start seeing some uploads on the video sites, download them before they get taken down.
Dennis Weaver said in an interview he thinks there were only 24 episodes produced and the shows demise was due to NBC not wanting to take it to color.

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
She was also in the episode "Goodbye Tiger", the B&W still with Ricky's head bandaged is from that episode. I was 9 years old when this show aired and I still remember watching. It was not a sitcom.
An Amazon customer claims it has been released in Spain/South America with a English option.
With the known German release we might start seeing some uploads on the video sites, download them before they get taken down.
Dennis Weaver said in an interview he thinks there were only 24 episodes produced and the shows demise was due to NBC not wanting to take it to color.

There were 26 shows produced. As for Spanish versions, that would be great if true.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Although I don't remember anything much about the series, I do remember watching it for a time,
until I found out Gilligan's Island was on opposite it.

Jungelackn

Auditioning
Real Name
mike smith
hi sir, you seems to know a lot about DVD region. I also have a problem about my DVD region code. I bought a DVD in U.S, after I went backback to Australia,I found that my DVD did not work on my player. I bought this program (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/region-2-dvd.html)from a giveway which claims to remove region code. I convert mine from region code 1 to region code 4, but still not compatible with my DVD player. It just keeps reading.
I tried HandBrake but it wouldn't decode any encrypted DVDs, it requires an add-on named libdvdcss.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
hi sir, you seems to know a lot about DVD region. I also have a problem about my DVD region code. I bought a DVD in U.S, after I went backback to Australia,I found that my DVD did not work on my player. I bought this program (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/region-2-dvd.html)from a giveway which claims to remove region code. I convert mine from region code 1 to region code 4, but still not compatible with my DVD player. It just keeps reading.
I tried HandBrake but it wouldn't decode any encrypted DVDs, it requires an add-on named libdvdcss.

Google your make and model of your player and if there is a hack code, you will find it and you can hit a couple of buttons and make your player region free in thirty seconds. If your machine doesn't have a hack code, you can purchase a region free player for under $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks