What's new

Kegerator (1 Viewer)

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
I thought some of you fellows might like to check out my kegerator. I just converted and old 50's model fridge into a cool beer dispensing machine! :D

ShelbyB

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice. Isn't your son a little young to be drinking and smoking though?

Go Crimson Mike Prices!

:D Go Cougs!

Seriously though, it looks great.

Kevin_Spradley

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Neighbor. You are the man. The icing on the cake was the Crimson Tide paint job. I just bought an old fridge from a buddy to use a beer fridge, yet I haven't got the approval yet to turn it into a kegerator. I may be contacting you for any tips and suppliers.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very, very impressive.

My brother did the same (sort of) he converted a fridge over and put 2 mini-kegs inside and ran the taps through the wall into the kitchen.

I've thought about doing this many times but I like variety and don't think I could handle one type of that much beer.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Nice! Too bad you're using it for Budweiser. ;)

Like Ron, my brother also did something similar with an old fridge. He was really into brewing his own beer for a while and had two minis going in it at any given time.

Really, if you look at the prices on a real Kegerator ($500+), you're better off going DIY with an old fridge. Plus, you get a freezer to keep your mugs cold. :emoji_thumbsup:

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Nice Job.

A place called Barfly sells them here in Toronto. They look great, but are a bit pricey. I think I would go the DIY route too :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Thanks for the kudos...this thing was fairly easy to construct and we've had alot of fun with it. It's quite the conversation piece!

Not sure yet....I'm on my 3rd keg and I just got it up and running around mid june...I gotta lot of drinking buddies who've come outta the woodwork ;) .....3 months is probably a good bet.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

DIY is the only way to go for one of these things. I was fortunate in that my grandmother gave me her old fridge, and my bro in law secured me the conversion kit from the local AB distributorship.

All the cash I have in it is $23 for the drip tray ($16 and $7 shipping)and about $8 for the paint. My cousin donated tha 'Bama magnet ($12.95)

$35 ain't too bad :D

I get the beer at cost, which is $69.50 for 15.5 gallons (which calculates to about 7 cases.)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Nice Job Jack. Not bad for only 35 out of pocket.

Nothing like a Cool Refreshing beverage.

hey its 5 O'clock somewhere.:emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
When or why did beer distributers stop selling the 'Party Balls'?

three or four of those in a fridge would be awesome.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Old refrigerators are hellaciously inefficient. Good luck with the electric bill. If you're lucky it will be :eek:, but don't be surprised if it's
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Seth_L

Screenwriter
That's why you buy a small cheapo dorm room fridge from walmart for cheap and build the kegerator out of it. :)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
That beer fridge rocks!

I'll have to show the pic to my buddy, he's into converting things like that. Then I could go visit and help him drink it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks