What's new

Kegerator (1 Viewer)

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
That thing looks great! Recently my neighbor who also works for AB hooked me up with a fridge and all the essentials. The only thing I had to pay was $15 dollars to refill the 15# CO2 tank and $70 dollars for a keg(Currently Amberboch and the first was killians) Out of curiosity what is cost for a keg? There is nothing better than being able to grab a cold draft anytime you want one. A quick question where did you get the drip tray and what type of paint did you use?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Bar supply places will sell you drip trays.. you can get a stainless steel one for $30 or so. (EXAMPLE)

But... it seems you could rig something up yourself pretty easily possibly with some plumbing or vinyl gutter supplies.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Very cool! When can I come over for a nice cold one and a game of darts? Cricket, of course!

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I don't know about that my father has an old westinghouse (I'm going to have to look it up but he got it when I was 12 which was 25 years ago and it runs like a champ) which is much cheaper to run than most of the modern ones because the doors/sides are much thicker (3" plus and coils are located in the back so the housing isn't a heatsink like my deep freeze), uses the much better but more hazardous freon (which is legal to use anymore but seemed to be better conductor of heat), non-auto defroster, and heavy (I had to use a dolly on this one maybe 300+ lbs and only use a dolly when handling maytag products which are also well built). Of course he doesn't have his set with a tap so the door is opened daily but he's actually checked his past billing plugging it in and out for a few months and it's cheaper than any fridge he's had in the last 25 years (it's his favorite fridge though it's starting to rust). Just eyeballing it stands 60" h * 22" w * 24" d by my guesstimate. Making it have a tap should increase it's efficiency by a decent amount as well but I think some of those appliances of the past are a lot better than some today though I assume some of the modern ones might be more efficient when the electric motor operates than most of the past I think some of the past ones are better insulated and can be improved if the insulation materials are updated. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks