What's new

KEF vs Bose (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
So I stopped into a store that only sold KEFs and Bose. So I finally asked the salesman why in the world would anybody buy Bose when they can hear how much better the KEFs sound.
He laughed and said they were only interested in form not function.....they liked how they looked.
I told him if I was so interested on how they looked I'd poke my eyes out.

He really enjoyed that one.

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Ha ha ha Lev!
If that didn't effect the search function, that is sig material right there!

Kev: 1
Dealer: 0

Cagri

Second Unit
Actually that is a great marketing strategy. The manager of the store must be a clever guy. Look at this way, a customer has two speakers to audit, one of them is Bose which is expensive and sounds like crap and the other is Kef, a very sweet sounding brand. The store would just store demo models of bose and Kefs will sell themselves :D

EdNichols

Second Unit
I would be willing to bet that they weren't side by side so you could A/B them. Did Bose have it's own display away from the other speakers? That is what I have found in stores.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had much the same experience at the Home Theater Store in Houston :D They carry a full compliment of B&W and some other very good brands, so I asked them why they even had Bose in the store? Can't people hear the difference for themselves? Yes, the Bose were in their own room.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
They actually had a few with the KEFs but the guy said nobody listens to them. People come in and want a speaker that will match their drapes and hide behind the ottoman. They sell them but the people who buy them don't care how they sound.
Or else they are deaf....good slogan for Bose
Better Sound for Deaf People!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks