KEF vs Bose

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Grant B, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

So I stopped into a store that only sold KEFs and Bose. So I finally asked the salesman why in the world would anybody buy Bose when they can hear how much better the KEFs sound.
    He laughed and said they were only interested in form not function.....they liked how they looked.
    I told him if I was so interested on how they looked I'd poke my eyes out.

He really enjoyed that one.

2. Lev-S

Lev-S Second Unit

KEF and Bose? They must have two managers: a normal person, and a brick!

[​IMG]

3. Justin_D

Justin_D Stunt Coordinator

Ha ha ha Lev!
    If that didn't effect the search function, that is sig material right there!

Kev: 1
    Dealer: 0

4. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

Actually that is a great marketing strategy. The manager of the store must be a clever guy. Look at this way, a customer has two speakers to audit, one of them is Bose which is expensive and sounds like crap and the other is Kef, a very sweet sounding brand. The store would just store demo models of bose and Kefs will sell themselves [​IMG]

5. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

I would be willing to bet that they weren't side by side so you could A/B them. Did Bose have it's own display away from the other speakers? That is what I have found in stores.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I had much the same experience at the Home Theater Store in Houston [​IMG] They carry a full compliment of B&W and some other very good brands, so I asked them why they even had Bose in the store? Can't people hear the difference for themselves? Yes, the Bose were in their own room.

7. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

The reason is why let some other store make a profit from someone who has their mind set on Bose.

8. Grant B

Grant B Producer

They actually had a few with the KEFs but the guy said nobody listens to them. People come in and want a speaker that will match their drapes and hide behind the ottoman. They sell them but the people who buy them don't care how they sound.
    Or else they are deaf....good slogan for Bose
    Better Sound for Deaf People!