What's new

Kafka on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Richard, it has never been available on DVD. I'm hoping it gets a release soon, it's a very fine film.
------------------
fightclub33.jpg

Jodee

Screenwriter
This is a Paramount property, and unfortunately I've never heard about any interest from them in releasing it.
You would think that with the newfound popularity of Mr. Steven Soderbergh it would get a release soon, as well the director's other works MIA on DVD, such as "King of the Hill" (Universal)and "Schizopolis" (Fox Lorber).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
This was an early Miramax release. The LD of this title was released by Paramount. I'm unsure who holds the rights to this title ( but I believe it may be Paramount. ) I don't recall seeing this title mentioned in Martin Blythe's Paramount 'wish list' over in Studio Feedback earlier this year; so I wouldn't hold my breath.
But, I could be wrong. :)
- Walter.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
The most touching moment was the long (real) quotation from the letter to his father. I would very much like to see this on DVD.
------------------
Best, Sam
Edit - Added "real" :)
[Edited last by Samuel Des on November 12, 2001 at 02:07 PM]

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
I ran across this VHS tape in the store the other day, and I thought, "When are they going to release this great movie on DVD?" As Steven Soderbergh's best film, it's a shame it probably won't be released soon.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Criterion is releasing Schitzopolis by the end of the year.

A bare-bones Gray's Anatomy is out now, as well as a bare bones The Underneath, though I don't know if they will ever get a deluxe treatment. I would guess that "Kafka" and "King Of The Hill" will come out some day, but since neither was a big moneymaker, and Soderbergh doesn't care for his older films, I don't think there's going to be any rush to do it. Though I'm a big fan of Soderbergh, I can understand why he isn't terribly interested in those films at the moment. Still, I'll be first in line to grab those titles when/if they come out on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks