What's new

Crisscross MGM DVD at Dollartree? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Dollartree has many MGM DVD overstock titles. I'd seen Crisscross streaming on Prime, enjoyed the movie and didn't notice any problems. Crisscross was originally a pan&scan/widescreen flipper DVD. The Crisscross at Dollartree is widescreen only, with a recent MGM logo at the start of the film. Crisscross has a startlingly good transfer (for a DVD) but with one flaw, motion judder. I used the lowest motion processing setting on my LG OLED TV and that cleared up the judder.
I have used motion processing on streaming and PAL sourced DVDs but this is the first time for a regular R1 DVD. What could be the cause? Is this a PAL conversion? Was the transfer done at an incorrect frame rate or the 3:2 pulldown done incorrectly? Certainly a lot of intigue for a $1.25 DVD!
Thanks in advance, Trevor.

paul pisano

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
paul pisano
dollar tree has had some bargains worth buying. biglots can be hit or miss.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Dollartree has many MGM DVD overstock titles. I'd seen Crisscross streaming on Prime, enjoyed the movie and didn't notice any problems. Crisscross was originally a pan&scan/widescreen flipper DVD. The Crisscross at Dollartree is widescreen only, with a recent MGM logo at the start of the film. Crisscross has a startlingly good transfer (for a DVD) but with one flaw, motion judder. I used the lowest motion processing setting on my LG OLED TV and that cleared up the judder.
I have used motion processing on streaming and PAL sourced DVDs but this is the first time for a regular R1 DVD. What could be the cause? Is this a PAL conversion? Was the transfer done at an incorrect frame rate or the 3:2 pulldown done incorrectly? Certainly a lot of intigue for a $1.25 DVD!
Thanks in advance, Trevor.
The DVD Discs are from a company called "Deuce Entertainment" some are available at Hamilton Books and Amazon ay higher prices than Dollar(and a Quarter)Tree.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks