What's new

Just want to record the news! (1 Viewer)

farmdoc

Auditioning
Real Name
Samuel
A real basic question from a real basic guy (most of you folks are way ahead of me in terms of video electronics.)

I am antenna based only (by choice, I don't watch much TV or movies; no cable available out here in the country). I wish only to watch the evening local and national news, which I record each evening and watch when I get home from work around 1 AM.

For years, my setup (Pioneer Elite Pro 1120HD, Panasonic EZ28 DVD recorder/player, and seperate Sony DVD player with surround sound) has served me well. The Panasonic has died (sniff). What to do?

I looked at local Best Buy (not many other choices in my small town), and only choice was TIVO (I don't want monthly charges or need access to movies). There was a Magnavox DVR/VCR but the saleswoman rolled her eyes on this piece of equipment.

I have coax coming in from antenna to the Panasonic, HDMI going out, and also coax going out although I'm not sure why the latter. Shouldn't the HDMI out carry sound and video?

Anyway, don't mean to be long winded but any thoughts on how I might record each evening my link to current events, as depressing as they might be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks