What's new

Just picked up my new Tosh..have a few quick questions! (1 Viewer)

BrettisMckinney

Second Unit
Hey guys..just got it today. Took ages to get everything set up but finally got it finished. THe set i got was a Toshiba 32zd16 76cm 100hz flat widescreen. It looks great! My first TV too. ANyway..got a few quick questions please.

1. Not sure if its possible, but..i cant get a real good black out of it? I did the ep2 THX optimizer and i'm really stuggling for the screen to look black. I've got the brightness almost at 4..and contrast about 65 out of 100. If i go higher it gives a bit more detail but doesnt get blacker and if i go real low it loses heaps of detail..and i cant really go much lower on the brightness can i? ITs not too bad..but scenes that fade to black or have black..like stars etc just dont look real black like my smaller set. If anyway has any suggestions i would appreciate..i love how it looks..just not as black as i'd like.

2. The 2 scan modes it has are natural and 100hz..now cant see a lot of difference on the picture but the weird thing is, in the tv menu when i select between them, the menu starts wobbling when i select 100hz and goes still on natural..shouldnt it be the other way or around..or is this just effecting the menu and not the picture. I still notice a bit of wobble with 100hz too..i guess it doesnt remove the flicker completely?

Cool,..well back to playing. Hope someone can give me some advice!
Thanks

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to help you but I've never heard of that model Toshiba. However, deep blacks should easily be attainable by turning the brightness down. This can be done on any good direct view at the cost of shadow detail. The best sets have deep blacks and good dark gray detail. Maybe there is something wrong with your set?

JoeRiley

Stunt Coordinator
Judging from the hundreds of topics about picture settings... you should IMMEDIATLY turn your contrast WAY down to avoid burn-in. Bring your brightness to around 30-40, and do the same for your contrast... then adjust a little from there.

The most reccomended setup disc here is AVIA... you should get that and use it to calibrate your picture. But until you get that, turn down the contrast asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks