What's new

Just One Of The Guys, coming to DVD - Full Frame Only (1 Viewer)

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Is that the movie where the girl dresses up as a guy and her freind finds out he/she's got "tits" :D ???

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Yup, that's the movie Shane!

Anyway, sine I'm sure this will be a bare bones title, I see no reason why it shouldn't be OAR. This is definitely a guilty pleasure from the 80s and I'd pick it up *IF* it's OAR.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I'll be there also- if OAR.

The younger brother of the main character
is the highlight of the movie. :D

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
hey Columbia, OAR or no sale, I don't care how good a movie is, if not OAR I'll take my dough somewhere else.
You know, this movie might be one of those rare exceptions...

I'm not sure I know anyone who actually saw this in theaters. Its reputation is built solely on countless viewings on cable and rental VHS. That's how I grew to love it for what it is--a simple teen sex comedy with a teeny-tiny moral lesson.

I'm betting those presentations were open-matte, not P&S--based on the genre and time period when it was made. If that were true, an OAR release could crop out many of the things (wink, wink--nudge, nudge) that fans have become accustomed to seeing over the years. (I'm not talking just about the climactic scene at the dance, but also about little scenes when she's by the pool in her bikini and rooting around in her closet in her miniskirt.)

The ideal situation would be for CTHE to release this with both OAR and full-screen presentations.

Now, I'm strongly OAR, but--again--this is a film that I'd like to compare the full-screen and OAR versions just to see if my theory is true.

(An aside: I love the review at DVDLaser.com in which the reviewer complains that the locker room photo on the cover isn't really in the movie and that "she doesn't so much as undo her shoelaces in the locker room." While the last bit about the setting is true, he obviously didn't watch it to the end. :))

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
My prediction for "Just One Of The Guys" on DVD...

Photoshop cover and no theatrical trailer, just trailers for "Not Another Teen Movie" and "The New Guy".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Remember, this IS Columbia we're talking about here.;)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Terry: You know, sometimes I just wish I was a guy.
Buddy: No you don't! The male body needs sex at all times! It's a living hell!

Buddy: Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've never had sex before. I've had lots of sex. It's just that now I'd like to try it with a partner.

Terry: Can't you think of anything more profound than getting laid?
Buddy: A blowjob.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
terry: yeah? well what if my balls don't itch?

buddy: all balls itch! it's a fact!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Man its all about the booby shot at the end.:D

Buddy: "Would it make any difference if I told you I was hung like a bear?"

Misc Girl: "It might. Are you?"

Buddy: "(In a depressed voice) No. Just checking"

Josh L

Stunt Coordinator
YES!!!!!

Finally!! I have been waiting for this news for nearly 6 years!

:D :D :D

Are we sure it's going to be full-frame? :angry:

"Sorry Spike"

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Are we sure it's going to be full-frame?
CTHE now has the back cover of Just One of the Guys up on its press site. It very clearly says:

1.33:1 - Full Screen

with no other format listed.

This could have easily been a DVD that offered both presentations, as I suggested earlier.

The site also has publicity photos of Joyce Hyser by the pool and a shot of Sherilyn Fenn in which you can very clearly see through her lingerie top--both also on the back of the DVD.
:b

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe Joyce Hyser will be 46 years old this week. She was 28 when the movie was made. Man, time is flying, crap I am getting old.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
CTHE now has the back cover of Just One of the Guys up on its press site

The site also has publicity photos of Joyce Hyser by the pool and a shot of Sherilyn Fenn in which you can very clearly see through her lingerie top--both also on the back of the DVD.
link please? :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks