What's new

Just got an HDTV... (1 Viewer)

Ashen

Auditioning
Hi all,
I just picked up the Mits 55" Platinum series HDTV, and im loving it. Got a question tho.. The picture seems grainy. I have my DVD player(sony 7700) setup with Component video out, I used video esentials on the TV, i set the advanced options to noise reduction and 960i, and I have done a full screen convergence. Doesnt seem to change the fact that I can see jaged lines here and there, and the fact that I get a grainy look to the picture on some DVD's. Whats the deal? Would an IscanPlus help? Line quadroupler? Just tell me what I need to go get! Im goin nuts. I spent all weekend working on this thing.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Ashen,
Congratulations on your new set! I purchased a Mitsubishi Diamond WS-65907 a little over a month ago and I love it. One of the best things about the Mitsubishi sets is that they're very 'tweakable'. You should go immediately over to The Home Theater Spot and check out the list of Mitsubishi Tweaks. I have performed a number of these tweaks on my set and they have made a world of difference in the picture. I suggest turning off SVM for your first tweak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks