Jurassic Park DTS on sale anywhere?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by donovan_chin, Oct 12, 2001.

1. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

I'm trying to find the Jurassic Park DTS disc but I don't see it in any of the B&Ms.

2. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

My local Best Buy still has copies, however, I'm not sure if they are the "corrected " versions (there was a problem with the DTS soundtrack on the initial release). Do a search on this forum to get the info on the SKU # for the newer version.

3. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Best Buy I think is your best bet for a B&M, if you get the screwed up one, you can take it back and they will exchange it without a receipt as long as you got it from there and have a valid driver's license. I finally exchanged mine and all I can say is WHOA, THIS IS THE ONE OF THE BEST DTS DISC I'VE HEARD.
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...

4. donovan_chin

donovan_chin Stunt Coordinator

Well, my local Best Buy does not have any copies. All they have is the 2 disc box set which is DD. I would really want to have the corrected disc.

5. Tony Aguila

Tony Aguila Stunt Coordinator

Don't want to sound like I'm advertising here, but I want to let you know that I just put up the copy I received from Universal for sale at Amazon, for $17.50, I think.
    I immediately bought a new copy of JP/DTS as soon as the corrected version was available, even before mailing in my old copy to Universal. Now I have two copies here. So for all intents and purposes, this is a brand new disk, just an older case, which is in perfect shape. I had this DVD loaded in my megachanger and so the case had been in storage all this time.
    I really should have thought about offering it first to our members here, but I didn't think it would be that hard to find.

6. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I have one for $20 shipped priority mail. That's cheaper than buying at a B&M by about a buck or so. It was opened by DVD Empire when they shipped it to me to confirm it was the corrected version.
    File dates 11/14, inner ring says D2R2.
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

7. Charles M

Charles M Stunt Coordinator

Donavan,
    My local BESTBUYS has them. I'm actually going to pick one up on TUESDAY when I buy TPM. It's strange I brought some SUPERBITS titles this week and stumbled across them and almost brought it. Hearing all the good responses about the new disc, I will get it just to see.
    ------------------
    The only dumb question is the one you never ask....