What's new

John Doe 11/8/02 (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
This was the worst episode. I can't wait for next week's episode though. Thomas?

~T

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I have to agree, this episode did nothing for me as well.
Next weeks looks interesting though.

Joel C

Screenwriter
All I can say is they need to give this show's timeslot to Firefly, which is, you know, good.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
All I can say is they need to give this show's timeslot to Firefly, which is, you know, good.
So you're saying if Firefly was on an hour later it wouldn't be getting lousy ratings? That makes no sense IMHO, unless you're saying that having the superior ratings of John Doe as a lead-in would help out Firefly. I like both FireFly and John Doe, but the ratings make it pretty clear that there are far more people who like the latter.

Joel C

Screenwriter
No, I'm saying that no show has succeeded in that timeslot in about 15 years, and the later show will simply do better. 8 PM on fridays is the worst timeslot on television.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
And I'm saying I don't think one hour makes a difference. I find it hard to believe nobody's watching TV at 8EST, but at 9EST they are.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I find it hard to believe nobody's watching TV at 8EST, but at 9EST they are.
I don't think it's quite unreasonable; especially on Friday, folks may be working late or hitting happy hour and not getting home by eight.

I do think it would be interesting to see how the two show performed if their timeslots were flip-flopped for a couple weeks, just as an experiment to see whether "John Doe" could deliver viewers to "Firefly". That wasn't really an option nine years ago, the last time Fox had a sci-fi Western at 8 and a guy investigating weird crimes at 9, just because of the nature of "Brisco" and "The X-Files".

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
If you're here, you must have either seen the episode or wish to read about it. Therefore, I haven't spoilerized the following:
Roughly:
John meets a woman who claims he is the father to her son through artificial insemination and supported by a DNA-match.
Though as it turns out, the boy is actually the result of a covert eugenics experiment (known as Group Otto) that combined the cells of a group of individuals with high IQs (one of whom was John). Effectively, any one in that group could be the boy's father. I'm unsure of how a female member could be involved and how the boy's DNA matched John's, though.
Seeing the situation as an opportunity to discover more of his mysterious past (and awaken his underdeveloped paternal instincts), John endeavors to track down each member of Group Otto and finds that a number of them have been killed, with their brains extracted.
Three surviving members are met and are aloof to John and his investigation. Gradually, these three members worry for their safety at their respective residences and decide to congregate at John's place for refuge. Putting their heads together, they determine the murderer's hideout and stop him from finishing his macabre work--destroying all participants in Group Otto including the young boy.
In closing, the young boy's father is determined conclusively (John Doe is not it) and John parts company with the boy amicably.
Literally within the final seconds of the episode, a woman seen in an earlier episode who is presumed to be a key player in John's disoriented state of mind and amnesia, is revealed and utters words to the effect of "It's time", while viewing surveillance photographs of John.
(check out the official Web site)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks