What's new

Jesse Cook (1 Viewer)

John Spicer

Agent
Anyone here familiat with Jesse Cook's work ? If not and you like guitar work you will *love* him. A friend of mine turned me on to Jesse after he heard Jesse on the street. Hes absolutely amazingly talented.

-- John

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have Vertigo based on a recommendation here on the forum and I have to agree...very good stuff.

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
Agree with Vertigo.

I discovered Jesse Cook on a sampler CD from Narada called Obsessions - all fantastic stuff, if you like New Age, flamenco-type music.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I've also got Vertigo and Gravity and I think his music is absolutely fantastic stuff.... How is his other work? And, has he released any newer stuff as well?

Graham Perks

Second Unit
I've got Free Fall and Gravity, and of the two I prefer Free Fall - but it's close! I'll have to check out Vertigo.

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
Vertigo, in addition to being a disc of amazing music, is also a very good album for assessing the the strengths & weaknesses of a system.

A lot of care went into the recording and mastering process giving it a very natural sound. From the pluck and decay of guitar strings to the resonance of the cello or Holly Cole clapping her hands, it all sounds like it should, natural.

Sound-stage of a system can also be highlighted as there is "air" around the instruments and they remain solidly placed in each track. When demoing equipment I would dismiss anything that did not resolve the multiple guitars as individual instruments or place the cello solidly in the center in track three.( this cello, played by Ofra Harnoy, still gives me shivers at realistic volumes)

The high quality of the recording also means you can crank it up with the only limiting factor being the system and not the disc.

A great disc.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I have all his CD's and saw him in concert last year so yeah I guess I'm a fan;) Of all the CD's though I prefer the early work more then freefall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks