What's new

Jennifer Connelly's popularity (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed her short stint on Fox's "The $treet" a few seasons ago. Loved it when she punched the obnoxious trader, Rick, in the kisser (in her boxing gloves).

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed her buck "neked" in Requiem For A Dream. I'm always suprised after seeing my favorite actors in movies as nice people or generally not cussing, then as I see more movies, these people show their different sides. I felt like I heard Jim Carry say f*ck for the first time... A woman in The Rocketeer (MGM or Disney or other?) is now a buck naked woman. I'm almost 17 and I still awe at such odd things...
-Bert
P.S: Feels good to be back.... My damn room has been under construction for about a month and a half...
-Also, is the guy as The Hulk a newcomer? Saw the teaser too..

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
If she gets any thinner she's gonna implode.
She looked awful at The Oscars and I always thought she was the hottest thing going. :frowning:

Harv

Grip
I remember being an impressionable young teenager and seeing Labyrinth....OMG!
To this day I will see any movie, no matter how sucky it looks, if Jennifer Connelly is in it ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You, now that you've mentioned it, I've never been in a theater where someone applauded, cheered, or clapped for a trailer.
Surprising: Not only it happened on alomst every occurence of Episode I trailer I saw, it happened only on those!
I would think you of all people would be witness/participant in that! :eek:
--
Holadem

Ivan_F

Grip
My most memorable image of JC (before Requiem for a Dream) was in that blockbuster Career Opportunities where she rides on that hobby horse. So innocent, yet so drop dead gorgeous:b Slowly...returning to...consciousness...
Oh, anyway, I think it's the eyes that are her most mesmerizing feature.:emoji_thumbsup:

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
JC was simply the most beauiful thing I ever seen around the time Career Opp and Rocketeer were made.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
She used to be so hot....now she needs shot, along with Lara Flynn Boyle, Renee Zellweger and all the other hot actresses who seem to have voluntarilly become anorexic freaks. What kind of example are they setting by being so blind and weak?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Look, guys, stop the thread crapping. We get that many of you are sick of her current physical condition, but it's not like she's making a statement for all of womanhood. Let her live her life. If it makes you disapprove of her, fine, stopping supporting her livelihood - stop watching her films, but to continue to just expound upon her weight loss ad nauseum does no one any good here.
Saying she "needs to (be) shot" is over the line.
Give it a rest, please.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Nick didn't say she needs to be shot. He said "she needs shot". Am I the only one who didn't read words that aren't there and instead read it to mean she needs more weight? Shot, as in lead shot, like what weighted down the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Wayne, judging by the animosity in Nick's post, I would not infer he meant "lead shot" (why would you want to weight someone down with lead shot as if that would make them healthier? Wouldn't you want them to put on weight by eating the right mix of food?). No, the "lead shot" inference is more of a stretch IMHO. Either way, let's be civil. These actors/actresses are still human beings. Let's not lose sight of that.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Same here. Right when her name came up on screen, the audience clapped. I wanted to, but my wife was sitting next to me, I woulda got hit.
Peace Out~:D

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
This is why I love the Internet. Almost nobody I know in real life has ever heard of Jennifer Connelly, but on the Internet, I'm surrounded by other people who love her as much as I do. :b

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
How 'bout Some Girls... y'all better look that up. (patrick dempsey, Jennifer Connelly...) pretty cool.

K

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I assume it was the violence inferred in Nick's post that pissed Patrick Sun off (it sure seemed to me that Nick was suggesting that Jennifer Connally be shot for such drastic weight loss), because personally I didn't see the other posts suggesting she had lost "too much" weight as being particularly "Thread Farty", just honestly stated opinions about her current looks/health.
Frankly I agree that she seems to have opted into this Hollywood "anorexic" look of late. That's not a thread fart, that's an opinion.
(Unless I misunderstand the definition of "Thread Fart", I always thought a thread fart was when someone came into a thread with purposely aggravating & aggressive opinions intended to anger people & disrupt the conversation.)
However, her being skinny or not isn't really the topic at hand & no doubt that Nick really went overboard with the violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks