What's new

Jennifer Connelly's popularity (1 Viewer)

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
Something interesting happened today when I went to see Spider-man. The teaser of "The Hulk" was among the previews showed before the movie. When the name "Jennifer Connelly" appeared on the screen, the audience suddenly started clapping.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Really...You sure they weren't just clapping for "The Hulk" ... I've met few people that actually know who Jennifer is.

Feng

Stunt Coordinator
They only clapped when "Jennifer Connelly" appeared on the screen, not before, not after.

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad jennifer picked the worst time to drop weight for a role. Was it really necessary???

I'm glad shes more popular though. She is in this years 50 most beautiful ppl list.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
You, now that you've mentioned it, I've never been in a theater where someone applauded, cheered, or clapped for a trailer. Only time I ever see a reaction is if the trailer is funny. Then the crowd laughs. But mostly, the crowd is always quiet and mumbling after each trailer.

Calvin_Su

Stunt Coordinator
Jennifer on her role in The Hulk:

"Betty starts out as a kind of Jackie O figure, and she becomes a kind of comic-book superhero herself - very voluptuous, a femme fatale."

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
This film is my most anticipated comic book adaptation. Hulk is my favorite along with Supes. The teaser was excellent. This film seems to be more mature, less popcorn-fare in styling. Obviously the result of Ang Lee.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I clap whenever I see any mention of the lovely Ms. Connelly. Are you sure that wasn't me in that theater?:D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I prefer her in nothing. ;)
which ads merit to my "Hot Spot is the greatest film of all-time" review. :laugh:
Sadly I was the only person to yell out as soon as I saw the outside of Banner's house. I'm such a HTF geek I was probably the only one in the place who knew the Hulk teaser was on the front end of the film.

Kevin Matthews

Stunt Coordinator
Personally I found her much more attractive before she entered into the whole Hollywood "Ally McBeal"-"Heroin Chic'" look that so many Actresses have starved themselves to attain recently.

I'll take the pre-2000 Jennifer over the post-2000 Jennifer any day (that is around when she began to adopt this look along with Courtney Cox & many others).

Just look at that Mullholand Falls photo above & compare it to her today.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
She wasn't all that bad in "Career Opportunities" I think she probably kick-started quite a few lads' puberty phase. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I think she is actually at her hottest in that film Patrick. That and Rocketeer.

Of course, her acting has really grown. She was never bad but she has certainly had it dialed in lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks