What's new

jbl magnetic sheilding problem (1 Viewer)

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I have a JBL s center II and I am getting a significant amount of interference on my tv. There is definitely a problem with the magnetic shielding. I had this speaker on my tv at my old house for a year with no problem. I moved into my new house and it is now causing a purple tint on the tv. I have placed a piece of sheet metal underneath and though it helps a little it does not solve the problem. I have to raise it about 6 inches for the problem to go away. I bought from Etronics so I think JBL will tell me to pound salt. Any ideas why this would have just started? I know they have a reputation for this. My probelm is that this is preety much the only center channel that matches my jbl s26II's. any idea why this would have just happened? Any suggestions?

Greg

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I had a similar problem w/ the same speaker. I used the Sanus TV shelf to raise it about an inch off the TV and the problem was solved.

Are you sure you need to raise it 6 inches up for the problem to go away? What kind of TV is it? Is there a way for it to degauss itself? Also, try moving the speaker forward and backward.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks