What's new

JBL & Cerwin Vega Setup (1 Viewer)

Mike H Wizard

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everyone,

I have the JBL Northridge series all the way around and I am very pleased with them...

My friend a while back bought a pair of the Cerwin Vega floorstanding speakers and is now thinking about getting a center channel to start upgrading his HT.

He has a Sony Receiver, Cerwin Vega fronts, KLH Center, KLH Surrounds, and no Sub yet...

My question is should I tell him to stick with Cerwin Vegas all the way around or should I tell him to start buying JBL's?

Will the sound mixture of the two brands clash or should it be ok if he keeps his Cerwin Vega's for the fronts and has JBL Center along with JBL Surrounds?

I know anything will sound better than his KLH Center and KLH Surrounds...

His budget is very tight considering he has custody of his three kids; any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance,

Mike

BryanZ

Screenwriter
What is his budget and what is he looking to do? CVs, IMO, are bassy speakers that I didn't care for. Don't have a particular fondness for JBL either though I would take them over the CVs. But neither one(of the lower priced JBLs and CVs), IMO, sounded as good as my nOrh 3.0s. Then again, I thought the 3.0s were better than the B&W DM303s. Will need a sub with them either way. But it all starts with his budget.

Mike H Wizard

Stunt Coordinator
His budget is around $200 total for a center channel and 2 rear surrounds...
He wants to keep his Cerwin Vega front speakers, I believe they are these speakers...

tommy_esq

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased the JBL NSP1 set up from J&R.com for $199.98 shipped. For $200, I don't think you can do any better. If you have the set up already, you can attest to this. If he got the NSP1 set up he would not only have matched speakers all the way around, but could get rid of his CW floor standers and free up some room in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks