Real Name
James
Speakers & Setup right now
Cerwin-Vega E-710: Front L&R
Sansui S-76u: Surround L&R
Sansui SP-2500: SurroundB L&R
JBL Arena S10: Subwoofer
Sony STR-DH710: AV Reciever

Im trying to figure out if this is the best setup for these speakers.
I dont know if I should switch the sansui sp-2500s with the cerwin-vegas. As in make the cewin vegas the SurroundB L&R and the sansui sp-2500 the Front L&R. Basically which setup will produce the best sound, and why? Thanks for your time.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the forum. I looked at your speakers and those bad boys are vintage. How do they sound for your home theater? The receiver will definitely do the job, but the speakers I am not sure how the imaging is. If you are okay with the set up, then more power to you since it is all subjective; however, if you have money to spend, an overhaul may not be a bad idea that entails a powered sub-woofer.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I would honestly say that all of those speakers are unlikely to be great for home theater use, but as far as which is better suited to front channel duty, use your ears and let them decide! It's very subjective and may even depend on room acoustics

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks