What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This isn’t a 4K upgrade (yet) but, I didn’t want to start a new thread.

The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions recently got updated to include almost all of the Appendices bonus features for all 3 films that were on the DVD/Blu-Rays. I’m not sure when these bonus features were added but I notice it earlier in the week. I say almost all because it looks like an introduction is missing and so are the artwork galleries. The rest of the video content appears to be there!

This is awesome!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This isn’t a 4K upgrade (yet) but, I didn’t want to start a new thread.

The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions recently got updated to include almost all of the Appendices bonus features for all 3 films that were on the DVD/Blu-Rays. I’m not sure when these bonus features were added but I notice it earlier in the week. I say almost all because it looks like an introduction is missing and so are the artwork galleries. The rest of the video content appears to be there!

This is awesome!
For some reason, I do not have the Extended Editions of The Hobbit on Apple TV, only the theatricals (even though I own BOTH versions on Movies Anywhere).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Disney’s been busy upgrading titles to 4K that were previously only 4K on Disney+.
The Sword in the Stone
The Black Cauldron (Vudu only for now)
The Muppet Christmas Carol
The Santa Clause 1-3
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Vudu only for now)
The Bears and I (Vudu only for now)

I’ve happily given up my Disney+ subscription and now I’ll be able to get the 4K titles I’ve been wanting.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I should also mention that all of those new-to-4K Disney titles in the above post are available at Vudu, FandangoNow, and Amazon Prime. iTunes is always slow to update their files. Others I failed to mention are The Princess Diaries 1&2, and The entire Pirates of the Caribbean series (unless I'm mistaken and they were already 4K).

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I see My Fair Lady was just upgraded to 4K. Does anyone know if this is the second (proper) Blu-ray transfer rather than the first?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I see My Fair Lady was just upgraded to 4K. Does anyone know if this is the second (proper) Blu-ray transfer rather than the first?
Not upgraded. Brand new. Prior to this 4K release, My Fair Lady wasn’t available digitally.

Anything you want to know about the quality can be straight from Mr Harris himself in this thread

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The LOTR films have been upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My extended versions of "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Return of the King" have not been upgraded yet, but "The Two Towers" has been updated to 4K. All three theatrical versions have been upgraded too. I expect the two extended versions to upgrade some time today.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m jealous. All my LOTR/Hobbit films were ultraviolet redemptions, so no free upgrades for me. Kind of wish I had jumped on the Middle Earth Extended Editions bundle back when it was $44.95. As of right now that bundle is no longer available, but I assume it come back At some point.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My extended versions of "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Return of the King" have not been upgraded yet, but "The Two Towers" has been updated to 4K. All three theatrical versions have been upgraded too. I expect the two extended versions to upgrade some time today.
Well, my "The Fellowship of the Ring" extended version has upgraded to 4K. I'm still waiting on "The Return of the King" to join the other two LOTR extended movies in 4K.:)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I assume these 4k/DV upgrades are sourced from the same new masters of the UDH BDs that people have been raving about?

Anyone checked out the iTunes versions, how do they look compared to the previous iTunes versions?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
My 4K set of THE LORD OF THE RINGS trilogy arrives today. I will use the code for Movies Anywhere. Hopefully all versions will then be in 4K Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks