What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Are you sure the 1990 movie is in 4K because I'm not seeing it?
It is in Canada anyway, but the upgrades usually happen at the same time in Canada and the US.
IMG_0713.PNG

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Being a lionsgate title wouldn’t cause any issues here in the States I hope.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The only issue I could think of with Total Recall is that the new 4K transfer is 24Hz, not 23.976, confirmed by someone with a test pressing of the disc. If the iTunes version is also 24Hz, the AppleTV skips frames when set to "Match Frame Rate." The reason for this is the Apple TV can only output 23.976. When it gets 24Hz material it converts it to 23.976 but every 1001 frames (around 42 seconds) it skips one to remain in sync.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Croods (4K/HDR) and Mulan 2004 (4K/Dolby Vision/Atmos) have been upgraded on iTunes.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The only issue I could think of with Total Recall is that the new 4K transfer is 24Hz, not 23.976, confirmed by someone with a test pressing of the disc. If the iTunes version is also 24Hz, the AppleTV skips frames when set to "Match Frame Rate." The reason for this is the Apple TV can only output 23.976. When it gets 24Hz material it converts it to 23.976 but every 1001 frames (around 42 seconds) it skips one to remain in sync.
It plays back without issue on my Apple TV.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I didn't see any comments that all of the Resident Evil movies are 4K now. I think all except the original are DV & Atmos. I picked them up a couple months ago for, I think, $25.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The “Upgraded to 4K” tab on the cheap charts app frequently list films as new to 4K that aren’t.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I had not purchased them and it was on the "recently upgraded to 4K" on Cheap Charts.
As I mentioned above, The “Upgraded to 4K” tab on the cheap charts app frequently list films as new to 4K that aren’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks