What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Those of us that bought "Looper" on iTunes will see a 4K upgrade that now includes HDR or more likely Dolby Vision. Sony is releasing this on 4K disc in April, 2021. I bought the 4K non-HDR digital on iTunes last year for $4.99

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Those of us that bought "Looper" on iTunes will see a 4K upgrade that now includes HDR or more likely Dolby Vision. Sony is releasing this on 4K disc in April, 2021. I bought the 4K non-HDR digital on iTunes last year for $4.99

I’m guessing Gattaca will be the same early next year?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Same here. Looking forward to watching it in 4K.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
iTunes used to regularly upgrade , almost always Warner titles from SD to HD. It would say that I already owned the title and whether I want to purchase it again.....which I always did. I have not seen that options in quite awhile. Can I still purchase a title again to upgrade it from SD to HD?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
iTunes used to regularly upgrade , almost always Warner titles from SD to HD. It would say that I already owned the title and whether I want to purchase it again.....which I always did. I have not seen that options in quite awhile. Can I still purchase a title again to upgrade it from SD to HD?
Of course you can. Why would you think something has changed there? Are you confusing it with the problem of upgrading from HD to 4K, which requires the "gift it to yourself" trick?

Edit: ah, I understand now. It’s that damned TV app. It only shows play, but no purchase option. Don’t use the TV app to shop. Use the iTunes Store. It’s much easier and shows you what you own and gives you the option to buy HD when you only own SD.

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Of course you can. Why would you think something has changed there? Are you confusing it with the problem of upgrading from HD to 4K, which requires the "gift it to yourself" trick?

Edit: ah, I understand now. It’s that damned TV app. It only shows play, but no purchase option. Don’t use the TV app to shop. Use the iTunes Store. It’s much easier and shows you what you own and gives you the option to buy HD when you only own SD.
Thank you! I'll try that.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
And the lack of Special Features in many cases across all retailers/devices - Universal is the biggest offender.

Personally, I don't mind much about lacking special features on DCs as long as they actually continue to release discs w/ those features while making the digital version more cheaply available ala iTunes <=$5 sales.

If I really want those features all that much, I'd probably buy the disc anyway. Sure, they'd definitely be nice to have for the digital versions too, but I'd definitely consider them nice-to-have bonuses, not must-haves. Disc releases, OTOH, definitely should not be barebones if there are meaningful extras to be had...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks