What's new

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Wonder why Frank wasn't in this one.

Good episode though. I liked how they kept using the "Resevoir Dogs" shot of the trunk of the car opening.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

I think this episode supported my theory that Danny DeVito isn't needed in this show. I don't think he necessarily takes anything away from the show, but I'm not sure he adds anything either. Although I do like the dynamic between him and Charlie.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like Frank, but I'm glad they've reached a comfort level where they don't feel the need to use him in every episode. There's been a couple this season like that. Like the "Gas Crisis" episode, this one gained momentum leading up to the second review, which tied everything together. And having Charlie grab the hammer on the way out the door at the very end just sealed it.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Serial pooping!

In any case, DeVito fits in well with the ensemble, it does not seem forced, and when they do not have a use for him, they do not write him in. Sounds about right to me.

Regards,

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I for the most part agree. It just seems that the last few eps I haven't been feeling it with the Frank character.

This is someone who defends Frank with those who feel that the show was better before DiVito came on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks