What's new

It's About Time (1 Viewer)

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
I was hoping that Warner owned It's About Time but it looks like MGM. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't seem to think they are good about dvd releases. I know the show is not Masterpiece Theater but I would like to have it .

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
The show had some good points. First the iconic 60's theme song. It also was one of the cooler lunchboxes. Then how can you go wrong with Joe E. Ross and Imogene Coca? They did a great job. It is fun and lighthearted, don't expect great things. The laugh track can get a little tiring. Also Boss played by Cliff Norton was entertaining. Personally I liked Frank Aletter but Jack Mulaney I don't think was that great. He was a second hand Gilligan only Bob Denver did it better. For someone who collects 60's shows this would be a nice addition.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I remember seeing the ratings the week after It's About Time premiered. It finished 7th during its premiere week, and I was so happy for Imogene Coca since she had had such a flop with Grindl. I just knew this would be a big hit for her after that first strong week. But the show began sinking immediately afterward, and by midseason, they changed the format, brought the cave people back to modern day to see them try to cope with modern civilization and the ratings never got any better. [sigh] Another one season wonder for Imogene Coca.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
It has the most catchy theme song that sits up on that pedestal with Gilligan's Island, Green Acres, etc.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Seeing that animated opening makes me think it would have been much more successful if the whole series had been animated.
"As through the very EAR of time they flew???" Is that what it said?

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/322219/its-about-time#post_3949212
Seeing that animated opening makes me think it would have been much more successful if the whole series had been animated.
"As through the very EAR of time they flew???" Is that what it said?
"As through the barrier of time they flew."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks