What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
IsoAcoustics has announced the availability today of the Aperta Sub for $149.99, an isolation stand designed for subwoofers weighing up to 80 pounds (36.3 kg). As well as enabling “greater bass definition”, the unit should ensure “less complaints” from neighbors. IA adds that because we are hard-wired to pick up bass rhythms over other tones, the energy from a subwoofer is more likely to disturb others nearby.
The new base should also be responsible for tighter bass response and better clarity. By decoupling a subwoofer from its supporting surface, the Aperta Sub prevents a physical transfer of energy through the
supporting structure. The design consists of both top and bottom isolators, each connected by rigid frames forming a stable base which lifts the subwoofer off the floor. Furthermore, ‘aperta’ meaning open in Italian, refers to the stylized open-space form, which the company says complements its surroundings...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... anyone actually tried (or planning to try) this?

IF it really works well, I could probably use this in my new space... though my Hsu VTF-3 Mk5 just exceeds its handling limit at 85lb... But maybe I could switch to a lighter, more compact (and possibly more musical) sub like an SVS SB-3000, if this really works, and just leave the Hsu w/ the old setup (and save some moving effort as well)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks