What's new

ISF Calibration in Michigan (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I just took delivery of a Toshiba 50H82. I calibrated it with Avia and to say I'm disappointed in the picture would be an understatement. Cable looks pretty grainy, which I expected. Directv looks equally as bad. Lots of artifacts and dark colors just don't seem right. Last night I played around with a few DVD's and these all looked equally as bad. Brighter scenes looked pretty good, but anything with lots of dark stuff was awful. Black and near black colors appear to be full of artifacts and sometimes have other colors such as red or green mixed in with them. I'm beginning to wonder if my expectations were too high, I have a defective TV or maybe I just need to call in the calibration experts. Can anyone recommend an ISF tech in the south east Michigan area? Any other Toshiba owners have some advice to help correct my problems. Thanks.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Mark,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. First of I'd let the set breakin before worrying. Give it about a week then if it hasn't improved call the place you bought it and have them come out to calibrate it(focus/convergence/etc). Then after 100+hrs have it ISF calibrated.

Kevin

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Try John Gannon via the ISF web site ... or wait for a tour by one of the internet calibrators ...

Regards

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Jack,

Prior to the Toshiba I was using a 32" direct view Sharp. It was calibrated with Avia and I used the component inputs when viewing DVD's.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
It sounds like your brightness level is incorrectly set AND your gray scale of the lower IREs is off. A professional calibration will correct this.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks