What's new

Is this a KILLER deal for Snell setup? (1 Viewer)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Can you guys let me know what you think about this. An associate of mine, someone I trust, is in need of money real bad. He just sold 200 DVDs for $1300. I was pissed he didn't tell me about this because I would've picked some out for myself. Anyway, he's offering me the following for $1000:

All Snell:

Center - XA55CR
Sub - PS.10
4 Rears - SR.5
Fronts - E5 Towers

He's also throwing in a massive monster cable that he says costs $500. He says he has receipts for everything totalling over $6000.

I know nothing about Snell. I looked around and found the following:

PS.10 sells for $1200 now. Seems to be a 1999 model.

SR.5 are $700 now. Also a 1999 model. I do wonder if that $700 is for 2 speakers or 4. He's giving me 4.

XA55CR seems to be $1300, also 1999.

E.5 Towers go for $700, also 1999.

What do you guys think? Any concerns considering the age? He says they are a few years old. He has receipts so I can verify this. He claims he's never blasted them too loud.

Looking at the MSRP, I feel as if I'm ripping him off. But he neesd the money bad and I can barely afford $1,000. I may ask him to go $900 and throw in a full bitrate DTS DVD.

Let me know what you think.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
That's a good deal (if you like Snell) and $1k is more than fair. Don't take advantage of your friend just because he desperately needs $$$.

Snell is a good brand and these speakers should last quite awhile.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Not really a friend, but an associate. And $1000 is tight for me, hence the possible offer of $900. Also, he's a smoker, so they're going to stink for a while! Yuck.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I take it you've heard them and yes it's a decent deal. At worse you could ebay them for more than you paid.

Bill_Mis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a big fan and owner of Snell and for that combo of speakers you are getting an absolute steal. Just that center channel alone is arguably worth that much. I know because I have one. My system is slightly different because I have the XA-60's instead of the E's but have the same back channels. If the work associate needs money do him a favor and give him the asking price as you most definitely could piece out the system for far more than 1K. Snell is great sound quality so I seriously doubt that you will.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I'm planning on going over to his place on Friday to hear them, so I'll definitely hear them before buying.

Andrew JC

Stunt Coordinator
That is a very sweet deal! I have the K.5's just remember the towers are rated at 4ohms so I hope you have a decent amp to power them. Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks