What's new

Is there software that can do this ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I'm looking to put several hours of music on a blank DVD and then play it back through my standalone player. I was able to put music on a DVD but the player wouldn't recognize it....Is there such a software that can convert my audio files to a format viewable on my dvd player. I tried copying tons of songs from my itunes app to a blank DVD and it would only work on my PC.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
Most dvds will play mp3s, so if you load a dvd up with those, it should play. Other than that, you'll have to convert to wav files and then either make a dvd-video that's only audio at 16/48 or make a dvd-audio disc.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I know, I just wanted to take advantage of the better sounding AAC format rather than converting them to MP3.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
i don't think many players will read AAC.

the difference between MP3 and AAC is minimal anyways

Dick Knisely

Second Unit
My player says it will read & play MP3s (and a couple other formats but not AAC) on CD's -- haven't tried MP3's on a DVD but I won't be surprised if it doesn't work.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Maybe try stereo Dolby Digital?

But I think there has to be a video section on a dvd as per the dvd standards to play on a normal dvd player, but IIRC it doesn't need to be a moving image-just a static background shot can be used.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks