What's new

Is the Neverending Story in Danger of P&S? (1 Viewer)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Also everyone call Warner and tell them you want Neverending Story (along with all "family" titles) in 16x9 widescreen/OAR at
1-818-954-6000
-dave

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
quote:
---------
They haven't P&S'ed any scope films, so why this one?
...not exactly true-one example I can think of is the Second, Remastered Laserdisc edition of ROAD WARRIOR-this back when Widescreen was
the rage... After considerable flack they finally released a 'scope version....
as for DVD, arent several of their P/S budget line 'scope films?
------------------

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
God bless Donner for not letting WB butcher the Goonies!!
I got to meet him once. Hes a great guy!!

LarryV

Auditioning
I think we just have to keep Hoping and keep Dreaming that WB will give us the widescreen, if you do not, then the Nothing will grow ever stronger and then surely all we will be left with is the pan and sham and then all will be lost.
We must rely on the collective unconsciousness

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, dvdfile.com just reviewed The Terminator, a film that comes out in October. Neverending comes out in 3 weeks, what is up?
I know I know, I'm obssesed with this movie.
frown.gif

Damn.
------------------
Petition to make Halloween II an SE from Universal

bill lopez

Second Unit
I get the feeling Warner is holding back early reviews of NEVER ENDING..dvd so we don't cancell our orders like we did with WILLY WONKA. There trying to take us for saps.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
At my job we get in products one to three weeks early. If this is not OAR I will light this board up about the butchery of a classic film. But I feel someone else will get the word out first!
------------------

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
I get the feeling Warner is holding back early reviews of NEVER ENDING..dvd so we don't cancell our orders like we did with WILLY WONKA. There trying to take us for saps.
Don't worry about it. If it's pan and scam..open the title, and send it back open and tell the place you bought it from that you wanted Neverending Story in widescreen because Warner announced it as 2:35.1 ratio. That you don't want it because it's pan and scan.
It's better that Warner gets these butchered titles back opened to get the point. :)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Just heard that the release date for N.S. was pushed back a few weeks from its original date (many of you may already know that). Anybody think it might have something to do with the ws/p/s issue?
-dave

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Pushed back a few weeks? Since when? And to what date? Can we get an official word on this, or confirmation?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I love that quote.
As far as I know, The NeverEnding Story has never gotten a widescreen transfer, at least not on VHS, and I am really looking forward to seeing it in all it's 2.35:1 scope glory.
I am also anxious to see The NeverEnding Story 2 in all it's 2.35:1 scope glory as well.
If Warner goes P/S only on these, I'll be pissed.
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Less than two weeks to go before the DVD release, SOMEONE has to have seen it by now, right? This is one of those titles that I've been waiting for since DVD was first introduced in 1997, and I'm going crazy waiting for some word on the aspect ratio.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
no,
both are 2.35:1 widescreen only.
will review Tuesday.
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Chris, do you have the R1 discs already? I hope so!, thanks for the update from Sunny Suva :)
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Roland Wandinger

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I know, The NeverEnding Story has never gotten a widescreen transfer, at least not on VHS, and I am really looking forward to seeing it in all it's 2.35:1 scope glory.
I still have the NTSC LD which is 2:35 so in case the DVD turns out to be full screen after all (which I doubt) I will stick to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.