What's new

Is the Neverending Story in Danger of P&S? (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
The LD is cropped to about 2.10:1, so I am really looking forward to seeing this in full 2.35:1 anamorphic!
It's a shame it won't be on an RSDL disc for maximum bit-rate. The single layered discs can really look poor on a large set.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I think the disc looks like it's dual layered. It's widescreen with fullscreen included.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
NS is a near reference quality disc.
Two sided; widescreen is anamorphic 2.35 with a beautiful
transfer and superb audio.
RAH

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Oh damn, it's a two sided disc? Damn, I wanted coverart..but hey, I'm being picky! It's anamorphic widescreen! And fullscreen for joesixpacks.
icon14.gif

It's a shame it won't be on an RSDL disc for maximum bit-rate. The single layered discs can really look poor on a large set.
Matt_Stevens, I disagree. :) What about Antz DTS? It's equal to the Dual Layered Dolby Digital version in terms of video. And the DTS version is not RSDL and it's full DTS bitrate also. Image is equal on both. :D
[Edited last by Antonio_M on August 25, 2001 at 06:33 PM]

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Where are people getting their info?
I hear 2.35:1 only, dual-layered with both versions, and double sided with both versions.
Who has real concrete information on this? If you don't, than stop spreading rumors.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
quote: If Robert Harris says it's dual-sided, that's good enough for me.[/quote]
Robert Harris...as in the genius who restored Lawrence of Arabia and is working on The Alamo? THAT Robert Harris?
He wins. He definately knows what he's talking about! Thank you, sir!
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

[Edited last by David Lambert on August 25, 2001 at 07:47 PM]

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Wahoo! Great news! :)
So now to a lesser 80's classic: what will be the AR of Masters of the Universe?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
If RAH says NeverEnding Story is in widescreen and is near reference quality, it's a pre-order for me (I know I should've never cancelled my order the first time).
Maybe I'll pre-order NeverEnding Story 2: The Final Chapter along with it... you know, on second thought, no.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
AntonioM said:
I disagree. What about Antz DTS? It's equal to the Dual Layered Dolby Digital version in terms of video. And the DTS version is not RSDL and it's full DTS bitrate also. Image is equal on both.
Ahh, but I said "single layered discs can really look poor on a large set." Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It all depends on how they are done. But, if RH is saying it's the shit, then I am pre-ordering it.
cool.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
hmmmm dvdempire has a 9/4 street date for neverending story and amazon has 9/11 so which one is correct ?

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
I have no doubt about the information Robert Harris is passing along. (the name should have rang a bell sooner for me)
I still find it strange that the studio has not released any specs or other official information themselves, especially since there is only one week left until release. You would think online retailers would have their copies at this point and be able to post the specs.
This makes me wonder if the release date may have been pushed back after all.
------------------
My DVD's
If a movie is not available in OAR, than it might as well not be available at all.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
This is indeed anamorphic WS. I have screenshots I just took to prove it, unfortunately I cannot post them as I have no idea how to post pics that arent from a URL.
But the disc is a flipper, WS on one side and pan and scan on the other.
------------------
card11.jpg

[Edited last by Sean Moon on August 28, 2001 at 10:43 PM]

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Sean Moon
Where you get the DVD? It's out already? Or are you a reviewer? If so, post a review. :D

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Got it at my job, got it quickly and left. Been digging through the Blow DVD for a while before going for Neverending Story. Will be end of week before I get to Neverending Story to watch. Working every damn day this week, so wont have time to really watch until later. I just popped the DVD in my drive to get a few caps to post, but cant right now. WIll post a review soon though! :)
------------------
card11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.