What's new

Is "Romy And Michele's High School Reunion" anamorphic? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is "Romy And Michele's High School Reunion" anamorphic? I didn't see any indications on the packaging, and it just seems like an older title that may have squeeked by with a non-anamorphic transfer...

Thanks,
Dave

Robert Dunnill

Second Unit
It most certainly is not anamorphic, and as it is one of my favorite titles, it was one of the "sticking" points of having a widescreen TV with the FULL lock problem. After I got a decent HPTC, the lack of anamorphic enhancement for this title became a non-issue.

RD

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Bummer. I'm glad I asked. Best Buy has it on sale this week & I was about to pick it up.

-Dave

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Damn shame. This is a fun movie.

BVHV-is anybody home?-

first, Burtons NIGHTMARE-SE- criminally not 16x9...
then this...
Lets hope you can get a new version of TRAINSPOTTING done right...

the only hope for you is that SPLASH will be anamorphic, as per announcement

jeroen

Agent
In disney's defense, it's a very watchable non-enhanced transfer. When i watch it upconverted to 16:9 on the htpc on a 90 inch screen picture is actually quite good (helped by the rich colors and many close-ups). In fact the low bit rate, 3/2 pulldown cadence glitches around chapter stops and less than perfect shadow detail are bigger problems than the lack of resolution.

Fact is i've seen worse 16:9 discs, with much less perceived resolution.

The euro r2's are 16:9 btw, but i'm in no hurry to replace my copy.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
For $10 at Best Buy (if you get it online you can get the $10 price without having to buy the other 2 titles), I couldn't resist and picked this up. I have to agree that it is a very nice transfer for non-anamorphic. I would love to see a nice SE of this some day.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Lack of anamorphic is no longer the deal breaker for me that it once was since getting my HDTV and a much better progressive player, so i'd probably pick this up as is until an anamorphic edition is released.

I do believe that Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow may very well be the two hottest looking women on the planet in this movie!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

John Torrez

Second Unit
I'd sure love to see that, along with commentary and deleted scenes that I know exist somewhere. This is my absolute favorite movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks