Chat with Buena Vista/Disney...ever been one?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Aaron_H, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Aaron_H

Aaron_H Agent

Aaron
    I was wondering if the Home Theater Forum has ever had a chat with Buena Vista/Disney? I looked through archives and couldn't find one.

I, for one, think it would be interesting to have one with them. Has the HTF ever pursued it? I would like to ask about possibilities of anamorphic reissues of "Pretty Woman," "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion," and more.

It would also be nice to get some studios like Columbia Tristar, Universal and MGM back here to ask them about some issues.

Anyone want to share their opinion?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Ron has pursued all of those, and they've declined. I don't think Ron has missed anyone, in terms of asking. [​IMG]

It's the "getting them to agree" part that's spotty. In some cases there are individuals who might be willing, but their studio's policy forbids them from participating.

3. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

That sucks. Chats are very cool it seems and informative not only for the people asking the questions but the for the person answering them. Both people can get a sense of what the other wants. Which is good.

I'd love a Disney chat I'd like to know if they plan of releasing Mr. Boogedy, Bride of Boogedy and Child of Glass. Also Season Sets of DuckTales, Chip N Dale, Darkwing Duck, TaleSpin, Goof Troop, Bonkers woulden't be bad either.

4. JohnAP

JohnAP Second Unit

Most of us would love for them to do it. I'm guessing it's a studio policy thing. If you have a question about a release though, you can send Buena Vista an e-mail via their website. I contacted them recently about whether they plan on releasing the second and third seasons of Once & Again and even though their response was negative, they did get back to me in a very timely manner.

5. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

What did they say? Are they not coming out?