What's new

Is it just me or... (sub ques) (1 Viewer)

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought my sub (Sony SA WM40) and I was setting it up all around the room to find the best response to my position. But I couldn't seem to find the best position that I heard at certain points in my room.
Now is it just me or does the sub seems to hit harder when you listen near the walls of a room as opposed to the center of the room (listening position).
Also, I seem to get a little more bass response when I stand up as opposed to when I'm seated (about 3'10" on the chair).
Is it just me guys or do I need to do something with my set up? Thanks for any suggestions! Chris

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Put the sub where you sit.
Then, move around the room and find a place where the bass sounds good. Place the sub there.

donovan_chin

Stunt Coordinator
To follow up on that... make sure you crawl around the room to find the best placement for the sub. This ensures that you are at the same level as the sub placement.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
If you try this(putting the woof in your seat). Try to use sweeps when walking/crawling around the room. If you dont have sweeps available...use a WIDE variety of source material. You dont want to find a place that induces a huge peak at 50hz and think...oh wow, AC_DC sounds great now...I'll just leave it here... :)
Corners tend to work best, and a corner near the key seat is always worth a try.
TV

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Awsome guys! I did what you guys suggested and I found the best spot! Man, the sub makes such an increadible difference! Thanks a lot.
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks