What's new

Is Frasier selling well? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious because I'm hoping all eleven seasons will make it to DVD. I really wish Paramount would get on the ball and speed it up, one season every six months for an eleven season show is gonna take a long time (and I really wanna get to season 5). I think they should alternate Frasier with Cheers, that is release a season of Frasier one month, a season of Cheers the next month and so on and so forth, or at least speed it up to every three months or so instead of six.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
My only response is that Paramount is definately planning a 3rd release of Frasier, along with a third release of Cheers.

I don't expect to see them released on any different schedule than what we've seen...at least for S3 of each, that is.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
With as many series as I'm picking up on DVD, I'm perfectly happy to wait 6 months between most. The only ones I want to get quicker are ones that can get caught up with broadcast so I can watch on HD.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, if they got seasons 2/3 we can expect them all. It's been stated that further sets of a show sell about the same as ones before. So if you get 2/3 seasons of a show... you're going to most likely get them all.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I don't mind Cheers and Frasier coming on the same day, it just seems kind of cool that way, but I've got to think if they make it to season 3 they're in it for the long hall.

I used to believe that the time period between a season 1 release and a season 2 release would be longer than between all subsequent releases, because the studios use some more time to gage sales figures than they might after season 2 but before season 3. However, my theory doesn't hold up all that well in my own eyes anymore. The reason is because really outside of Warner (on certain series) and Star Treck, there aren't really a whole lot of shows that have a patterned release schedule, Fox throws M*A*S*H seemingly out at random, January, July, February, July December, and possibly June for season 6. Same with South Park as first done by WB and now Paramount.

As someone that buys a good share of TV on DVD, I'm fine for some of these shows being released once or twice a year, the only 1 I hate having only once a year is the Simpsons, and the only reason I don't like that is because the show has now ran for 15 years with at least 1 more on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks