What's new

Is DPLII that good (1 Viewer)

James Herrod

Stunt Coordinator
The only reason I may go with the Denon AVR-1802 instead of the Outlaw 1050 is DPLII. I'm guessing the main advantage is the VCR and TV surround audio will be improved, but is it a dramatic difference. If it's that worthwhile to have, then it may offset the fact that the Denon's remote sucks bigtime. Thanks JJ

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
DPL2 is awesome for cable/sat and vhs tapes. I could never go back to DPL for tv/vhs.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
It is a clear improvement over Prologic. How important that improvement is should vary from person to person. I was prepared to give it up for the Denon 3801, but when I couldn't get that model I bumped up to the 3802, which has Prologic II. I don't watch that many VHS tapes anymore, but I do watch a lot of TV, and it is nice to have the extra feature. I could see myself regretting it years from now had I gone for a reciever without it.

Where I live, however, I mostly notice it in commercials, which shouldn't really matter that much--who cares how commercials sound--right?

About that Denon remote--I think it is different on the 1802 than it is on the 3802, but you know what? The 3802 remote sucks all the same. Just one, truly TERRIBLE remote. Any chance I get to complain about it, I'm going to take it.

PaulKH

Second Unit
James - DPLII makes stereo almost as good as average 5.1DD!

It's AMAZING. I was very skeptical before hearing it.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Also pick up a copy of Amanda Marshall's "Everybody's Got a Story" If this CD was not made with DPL2, it's one hell of a coincidence! It's like a 5.1 DVD Audio (Well, the DD5.1 Compatibility that is)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm very disappointed with PL2 for music, however it does a good job for PL/stereo movies.

I agree with Mark - if your front stage is good, most will see little or no benefit to using PL2 (for music).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks