What's new

is bose speakers worth it? (1 Viewer)

tailshe

Auditioning
Real Name
tamaz
i can have like 50% off from any bose speakers, is it worth it?
or what should i go for big size speakers non boss?
is martinlogan worth it?
for movies not as much listening music
Thanks

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Tailshe,

These are questions only you really can answer for yourself.

To most of us in this hobby, we don't hold Bose to high regard, but if you've tested the speakers out and you like them, then you have your answer, right there.

Generally, you can find better speakers than Bose at the same price point, but like I said, if you like the sound, that's all that matters.

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
How can you mention Bose and Martin Logan in the same post? Two totally different kind of speaker technologies and price points. What's your budget?
Seriously, I agree with Jon Liu, buy what sounds good to you. In this case I wouldn't let the '50% off' deal sway your decision. Keep in mind that speakers are what you actually hear, they make a huge impact, so don't scrimp. Have you actually auditioned Bose and compared them with any other speakers?

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well I dont hold one brand of speaker over the other...But I have heard some 10,000.00$ speakers years ago..and I have 4 Bose 3o1 series in my theater and I cant really hear any difference.

I love my speakers and they are like 15 years old now....

tailshe

Auditioning
Real Name
tamaz
please suggest any between $1500 to $3000
i never really listed too loud, just want a real nice qlty
Thanks

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just went yesturday and bought some "brand" of center channel and 2 surround speakers from the pawn shop...I have had a Pioneer Elite receiver for 2 years and never used it...Finally broke it open and using it...Sounds awesome!

I guess I will keep my setup untill it finally gives out on me...
I have 4 BOSE 301...I have 2 DCM 12" subs, I have a Theater Research center channel, and 2 Theater Research rear surrounds in my 7.1 set up...I know its nothing "top of the line"...but dang!!!...Sounds awesome. Now I need a 120" screen front projector..lol...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
The 201 and 301 are the only speakers I ever advise buying from Bose, though IMO the 301 sounds a bit boomy now with its 8" woofer in that (new-ish) really small enclosure.

Though if you have the $$$ and the right room ---> the 901s with their nine fullrange drivers can sound surprisingly good (no it's not a studio monitor but anyway....), with very good bass for music, but they must be set up correctly so they can project their sound properly, plus they need a receiver with either a tape monitor loop or (I think) preouts/ins for the mandatory EQ box because that's where specific bass and treble frequencies get boosted to very high levels to overcome the driver's deficiencies at those particular points.

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

The 301's I have are from like 1994 I think..Been a long time....Dont know how long speakers last but they are keeping up..

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Buy the Bose and compare it to something else. I would suggest buying a pair of AV123 x-ls speakers, although they only have one finish in stock right now. If you decide to return the x-ls speakers, AV123 will pay you back shipping costs both ways, so there's no risk for you. If you have a Best Buy near you, try JBL. If you like the JBLs best, return them and buy it cheaper online.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Not sure how many speakers you are budgeting for, but I suggest you look at Paradigm brand. They have a wide variety of speakers at various price points. I, personally, they are one of the best speakers for the money.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
For 50% off it would be worth it to get them, sell them for more and then buy something that was actually good. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks