What's new

Iron Fist & Black Widow Now In Development (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
And so is a sequel to The Punisher.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/040226/media_lionsgate_1.html

Background:

Iron Fist has been a major force in the Marvel Universe for 30 years, combining the action and adventure of a Marvel Super Hero® with the skill and grace of a martial artist. Raised by monks in the hidden mountain city of K'un L'un, young Danny Rand was taught the ancient technique of the Iron Fist, which grants its users the power to level a building with a single blow and gives them complete control over their mind, body and spirit. Returning to America as an adult, Iron Fist uses his amazing abilities to help those in need while, at the same time, seeking to avenge the murder of his parents.

One of Marvel's most prominent female characters, the Black Widow has been thrilling readers with her adventures for 40 years. Trained by the KGB to be the Soviet Union's premier spy, Natasha Romanov found herself a woman without a cause or a country to serve when the Berlin Wall came down. International intrigue and suspense meet the hi-tech gadgetry and spectacle that can only be found in Marvel Comics as the Black Widow tries to find her place in a world without borders.

~Edwin

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ray Park has been attached to Iron Fist or some time.

Id LOVE to see a Powerman & Iron Fist movie set in 70s NYC

I can't say I'm psyched about an Iron Fist movie at this time. The character just never did anything for me. Then again, I can probably say that about Blade too...but that turned out well.

On the other hand, Black Widow could be a big hit right out of the gate. I think casting is key though...any ideas? I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I'm not sure about these movies. If they can create a good movie franchise with Iron Fist and Black Widow, it will be awesome since none of these are the most obscure characters in the Marvel universe.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You know, I think Jennifer Garner would have been better served as Black Widow than Elektra.

Though I doubt she could pull off the Russian accent with a raspy voice, Eliza Dushku would do this role in her sleep.

Not sure of her acting chops, but Missy Peregrym would look the part pretty easily.

Famke Janssen might be a little too old to do sequels to this film (plus she's already Jean Grey in the X-Men franchise).

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Ack! I'm not a Jennifer Garner fan at all. She has a toned body but every time I see her face she's got this expression like she's in the midst of an emotional breakdown. She's just too girlish and vulnerable. I think for Black Widow, you need an actress who's utterly predatory. Can't think of too many actresses in Hollywood like that, though. Maybe Angelina Jolie, but she might be hesitant to do that sort of thing after the Tomb Raider movies. Famke would have been very good but, like you say, she's a bit old for it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks