What's new

"Invasion"... (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I watched the first couple of eps last season, but I was wondering if "Invasion" -- the complete series -- was worth picking up...

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I think it is. I wish I could actually afford it right away but I'll have to wait on this one.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely recommend it, and I'm not much of a sci-fi fan.

It is a very quiet show, in that you really don't know where it is going. And then, doesn't really go where you thought it would, in a good way.

I wish it had been picked up for a second season, but the first season is worth getting.

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
Curious that the DVD's are listed in 2.0 only. The HD broadcast had a pretty aggressive 5.1 track, so I'm wondering why that was dropped.

Still, good show & worth checking out.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Still don't understand how a studio could cancel a show without coming to a conclusion. Then again, Angel was sort of left off that way also. Hope a studio will pick up Invasion, Buffy and Angel and up a notch on great tv.

My thoughts

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I watched and enjoyed pretty much every episode as broadcast, but, while I understand the desireof the studios to milk more money out of their investment, I'm not too keen on buying a season without a proper resolution. They could at least shoot an episode that would tie up all the plot lines and pay for it with some of the DVD proceeds.

Josh_LaF

Agent
Real Name
Josh
I've never seen an episode of Invasion ans this was my first ever blind buy for a TV-DVD set. I just finished the pilot and I'm hooked. The show has such an eerie vibe and is genuinely creepy. While I don't think it was as good as the pilot for Threshold, I think the season has the potential to get better than Threshold was in the epsiodes that aired.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It gets even better towards the middle. I imagine the series will play pretty well on DVD, in spite of the lack of a resolution.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
It's not really the studios fault for the lack of a resolution. The makers shot it not knowing if they would be picked up for a second season. And, since the show wasn't worth it to the studio to pick up, it wouldn't be worth it for them to reshoot the ending.

I think it works as it stands. I read in TV Guide what was to happen the second season, and it sounded VERY interesting.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
I remember they thought they had a second season for sure, so they weren't worried. ABC said they were safe, the DVD was announced, then the series wasn't renewed....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks