"Invasion"...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jonny P, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

I watched the first couple of eps last season, but I was wondering if "Invasion" -- the complete series -- was worth picking up...

2. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I think it is. I wish I could actually afford it right away but I'll have to wait on this one.

3. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I would definitely recommend it, and I'm not much of a sci-fi fan.

It is a very quiet show, in that you really don't know where it is going. And then, doesn't really go where you thought it would, in a good way.

I wish it had been picked up for a second season, but the first season is worth getting.

4. Eddie W.

Eddie W. Stunt Coordinator

Curious that the DVD's are listed in 2.0 only. The HD broadcast had a pretty aggressive 5.1 track, so I'm wondering why that was dropped.

Still, good show & worth checking out.

5. Joe*A

Joe*A Stunt Coordinator

Still don't understand how a studio could cancel a show without coming to a conclusion. Then again, Angel was sort of left off that way also. Hope a studio will pick up Invasion, Buffy and Angel and up a notch on great tv.

My thoughts

6. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

I watched and enjoyed pretty much every episode as broadcast, but, while I understand the desireof the studios to milk more money out of their investment, I'm not too keen on buying a season without a proper resolution. They could at least shoot an episode that would tie up all the plot lines and pay for it with some of the DVD proceeds.

7. Josh_LaF

Josh_LaF Agent

I've never seen an episode of Invasion ans this was my first ever blind buy for a TV-DVD set. I just finished the pilot and I'm hooked. The show has such an eerie vibe and is genuinely creepy. While I don't think it was as good as the pilot for Threshold, I think the season has the potential to get better than Threshold was in the epsiodes that aired.

8. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    It gets even better towards the middle. I imagine the series will play pretty well on DVD, in spite of the lack of a resolution.

9. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

It's not really the studios fault for the lack of a resolution. The makers shot it not knowing if they would be picked up for a second season. And, since the show wasn't worth it to the studio to pick up, it wouldn't be worth it for them to reshoot the ending.

I think it works as it stands. I read in TV Guide what was to happen the second season, and it sounded VERY interesting.

10. AndrewWickliffe

AndrewWickliffe Second Unit

I remember they thought they had a second season for sure, so they weren't worried. ABC said they were safe, the DVD was announced, then the series wasn't renewed....