No One Will Save You (2023)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Title: No One Will Save You (2023)

Tagline: A home invasion no one saw coming.

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Brian Duffield

Cast: Kaitlyn Dever, Elizabeth Kaluev, Zack Duhame, Lauren L. Murray, Geraldine Singer, Dane Rhodes, Daniel Rigamer, Evangeline Rose, Dari Lynn Griffin, Gabrielle Bordlee Mauro, Tenaj L. Jackson, Emani White

Release: 2023-09-22

Runtime: 93

Plot: A young woman who's been alienated from her community finds herself in a face-off against a host of extraterrestrial beings who threaten her future while forcing her to deal with her past.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was planning to watch this. You beat me to posting about it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just watched this on HULU

I thought it was a terrific invasion thriller with a great performance by Kaitlyn Dever in an almost dialog free film.

That is for the first two acts… and then it kind of lost its way a bit I think. I have to mull it over…especially the ending.

Impressive visual effects and awesome sound design help make this film an above average genre film.

Anyone else watch this?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Curious to hear what you think of it.
Maybe I’ll watch it tomorrow night, or I might save it for the Horror Challenge. Have you seen it?

Edit: I missed your post.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just watched this on HULU

I thought it was a terrific invasion thriller with a great performance by Kaitlyn Dever in an almost dialog free film.

That is for the first two acts… and then it kind of lost its way a bit I think. I have to mull it over…especially the ending.

Impressive visual effects and awesome sound design help make this film an above average genre film.

Anyone else watch this?
Too many movies have an excellent idea, but don’t know what to do with it. Recently, Megan struck me that way. Entertaining, but I thought the ending sucked.

JasonRoer

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason Roer
I agree with the others. This looks great and I'm saving it for the October horror movie challenge. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Hadn't heard of it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Too many movies have an excellent idea, but don’t know what to do with it. Recently, Megan struck me that way. Entertaining, but I thought the ending sucked.
That describes much of the so-called "elevated horror" genre. They come up with a good idea for what happens, but have no idea of the why. So either they come up with something ridiculous that makes no sense, or they don't bother to explain it at all (just the ambiguous fadeout).

Not sure if this is supposed to be one of those, as it's coming from 20th Century. Usually these frustrating films are from smaller outfits like A24.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I like Kaitlyn Dever's work in a lot of other things and have seen some movies because she was in them. But I am not sure this one is for me if it's jumpy horror.

That being said, this is the second consecutive fall in which Kaitlyn Dever has starred in a 20th Century Not Fox film released exclusively on Hulu.

Hopefully they don't throw this one away in less than a year like Rosaline. I'm still bitter that that movie has been scrubbed from availability.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like Kaitlyn Dever's work in a lot of other things and have seen some movies because she was in them. But I am not sure this one is for me if it's jumpy horror.

That being said, this is the second consecutive fall in which Kaitlyn Dever has starred in a 20th Century Not Fox film released exclusively on Hulu.

Hopefully they don't throw this one away in less than a year like Rosaline. I'm still bitter that that movie has been scrubbed from availability.
Yeah, I kept intending to watch Rosaline, but it disappeared before I did.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yeah, I kept intending to watch Rosaline, but it disappeared before I did.
Surprise! I noticed this morning that Rosaline is now back. You can buy it digitally across the usual retailers, but it is not being restored to Hulu.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
I don't think I've seen Kaitlyn in any other films, but I thought she did a fantastic job in this one. I thought the movie was great. I was a little iffy on the ending, like others have mentioned here, but I don't think I could come up with anything better. Glad they didn't just put out a cliched ending.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I watched this yesterday. I don’t know, it was ok but it seemed to me that it was elements from other alien themed movies thrown into a pot and cooked into a stew. One can easily see Close Encounters, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, War of the Worlds, Fire in the Sky, A Quiet Place even Contact and 2001. It wasn’t bad but I didn’t think it brought much originality. I think for me this was a one and done

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks