What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Interesting commuter sightings... (1 Viewer)

Carol_S

Auditioning
This morning I saw a woman plucking her eyebrows on my way to work, and I wondered what terror would happen if she hit a bump? Considering my commute is a mere 10 minutes (don't shoot me) :) I wondered what sightings I might see if my commute was longer!?!

Anyone have any good stories/sightings? Or better yet...things you do to pass the time while commuting?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've seen a ton of deer, but the more interesting things I seen:

Three mallard ducks in a trailside puddle, an odd place to find ducks when there isn't a lake nearby...
A red tailed fox along the path (that was cool!)
A suicidal groundhog who ran out in front of my wheel, narrowly avoiding death although it probably has some tire tracks on it'e back now.

Numerous other little stories to post though...

Jay

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Yesterday to my Horror I saw a woman croche'ing while she was driving. I could not beleive it.

I told an EMT buddy about it. He said " Do you know what I call that"................................JOB SECURITY

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Saw guys shaving (electric, except one time I did see a guy using a blade).

Makeup - too often to count, sometimes with the cellphone in the other hand.

Reading the paper is common in Boston traffic, even when it is moving.

Saw a guy cruising in the breakdown lane smash into a stalled vehicle (it is not discouraged and sometimes legal to travel in the breakdown lane in Mass.)

Saw a woman beating her husband/boyfriend with a newspaper, really giving it to him for about 1/2 mile (she was driving).

But this is the best - saw a guy fall out of the window of a car at 45-50 mph on Route 6 coming back from the Cape. He was leaning way out and fell. Stopped to help, he wasn't seriously hurt, just banged up a little. The fact he was extremely intoxicated probably cushioned the blow.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
A saw a guy shaving his head. He had a bald head and was just using an electric to do "clean up work".

I thought this was so bizarre that I told a bunch of people at work and a co-worker topped my story.

He said he once saw someone practicing the trumpet while driving! :eek: Yup, he had the sheet music propped up on the dash board and all. :frowning:

Carol_S

Auditioning
hehehe trumpet? perhaps he was late for an audition? or just warming up his lips with a lil early morning horn-playing? that one made me laugh out loud!

thanks for post everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks